FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
519 views 3 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

we have a problem with the new RUT240 firmware RUT2_R_00.07.03 | 2022.12.16. With older versions (till RUT2_R_00.07.02.7 | 2022.09.12), we import a OpenVPN crt file (the other files works fine), with the new version, there are always a error "An unexpected error occurred: xxxx.crt" (Screenshot and crt file attached).

But why? Whats wrong with this file (I enter the XXX..)? I cant find anything in the changelog from the new version?

If we setup the router with an older firmware, everything works fine. Then we upgrade to the new firmware, and everything works again. But if we try to change the crt file from openvpn, we got this error.

What was changed here (undocumented)?
by anonymous
Hello,

with the new firmware version RUT2_R_00.07.03.4, everything works again. Maybe it was the point "Remove front-end certificate validation" from the changelog?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for the information provided.

The issue is forwarded to the development team. Once there are updates or if there is a need for additional details, I will post them here.

Best regards,
by anonymous

Hello, 

The provided certificate seems to be bad, thus it was not possible to replicate the issue.

Is it the actual certificate or edited on purpose?

I would like to get more details about your setup.

Is the issue specific to this one certificate or the error is displayed by trying to upload any certificate?

Does the same certificate work with other firmware versions and does not work with 7.3 only?

Does the router stop accepting certificate after update to 7.3 or do you perform some additional configuration changes? 

What did you have configured, when your set up was working?

Did you update with Keep settings option enabled or disabled?

Could you provide troubleshoot files from a working configuration and after update, when you fail to upload the certificate? To generate the files, access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. Attach them by editing your question.

Would you agree for a remote session to demonstrate the issue and for us to look for possible causes?

Best regards,

by anonymous

Also, could you tell the expiration date of the certificate that you are using? 

It was noticed that uploading certificates with expiration dates very far, for example, year 2122, failed.

To check the expiration date, you can use this SSH command:

• /usr/bin/openssl x509 -in {file_name} -text -noout

Replace {file_name} accordingly.