FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
189 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I have many RUT240 and RUT241 connected to OpenVPN with any problem, but almost every router has multiple disconnections from OpenVPN when using a Vodafone IT SIM and sometimes these routers don't reconnect to the VPN even though the mobile connection is still working. With any other mobile operator and SIM (even multi operator SIMs) the OpenVPN service and connection never drops, and if it does, it restores itself as it should. Any ideas why this happens?

Thank you very much

Tea

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Have you noticed if the issue is specific to some firmware version, or happens only on RUT240 or RUT241?

The issue could be related to MTU settings. I would like you to try overriding MTU values by editing both client and server instances and adding an additional Extra option or a line in configuration file:

• tun-mtu 1380

If the issue continues regardless of the change, I would like you to attach a troubleshoot file to your question from a couple of the devices with Vodafone IT SIMs. Please, make sure the disconnection happens before downloading the file. Then then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. The logs in the file may provide more details into possible causes of the issue.

Best regards,