FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
229 views 2 comments
by anonymous

Hi! I'm trying to figure out how to setup VLANs on RUT955 with legacy firmware (RUT9XX_R_00.06.09.2).

First I checked if my device is compatible with the newest firmware version, but as reported here my device Product code is in this range RUT955*7V***.

Under Network > VLAN > LAN Networks I added the desired LANs and then under Network > VLAN > VLAN Networks I selected Tag based VLAN mode. I added ID 11 for default LAN, flagging the Wireless access point, too, and ID 12 ~ 14 for the remaining VLANs. After saving connection on ethernet ports 1 ~ 3 wasn't available, only in wifi I was able to access network, RUT955 and the internet. On ethernet ports 1 ~ 3 there's no DHCP nor fixed IP works.

I tried to switch to Port based VLAN mode and there's no issue, but I'm trying to define a network with Ubiquiti Unifi switch and console and derive tagged VLANs from RUT955 as router. 

What am I missing?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

A few points.

• Have you assigned a VLAN tag  IDs on your end devices?
  • Have you assigned the correct subnet to the interface?
  • Have you assigned a physical interface to your VLAN interface?
  • Is DHCP enabled on VLAN interface?

Also, a single port on RUT955 cannot have tagged and untagged VLANs. Ensure that if you are using tagged VLANs - there are no untagged VLANs on that port.

You can find a VLAN configuration example HERE.

Kind Regards,

Andzej

by anonymous

Hi Andzej,

1. Not using my laptop direct connected to a physical port of RUT955, while Unifi Console and Switch has already VLAN configured
  2. For interface what do you mean? I didn't find any interface configuration on RUT955 except what is under Network > VLAN > LAN Networks where I can only read the interface name
  3. Where I can do that?
  4. DHCP is enabled on all VLANs

I already checked the configuration example you shared, it seems exactly what I did.

Thank you 

Francesco

by anonymous

Hi,

Yes, I have been talking about Network -> VLAN -> LAN.

Ignore what I have said about the physical interface since it is relevant to newer FW in this case.

If you have configured everything as in the configuration example, you should be able to receive an IP address based on which VLAN id you are using. For example, if you have 2 VLANs (VLAN 11, 192.168.11.1 and VLAN 22, 192.168.22.1) and configure your PC to use VLAN id 11, your PC will receive IP address from the 192.168.11.0/24 network and will be able to communicate on that VLAN. Similarly, if you change the VLAN id to 22 on the PC, your PC will receive an IP address from the 192.168.22.0/24 network. 

Could you please verify that it works this way?

(To set VLAN id on Windows10, Run the Device Manager -> click on Network adapters and go to properties of your network adapter -> Advanced tab -> Property: VLAN ID - Value: your VLAN ID)

Also, it is better if you create a separate LAN interface if you want to use VLAN 11. The default LAN should have ID '0'.

Could you please attach a troubleshoot file as well? It can be found in System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot. A topology with IP addresses would be great as well.

Kind Regards,

Andzej