FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
175 views 2 comments
by anonymous
I have RUT241 in a process control room and there is two wires coming from the main control unit. In case of alarm, the two wires are shorted.

To get that info to RUT241 input, I added a relay to connect +12V to green input wire. Relays coil ground is fed trough alarm wires so when alarm goes the relay goes on and feeds +12V to the input.

This however does not work perfectly. Usually it sends two SMS's for alarm on, and no SMS for alarm off. Now it seems that something has happened because RUT241 input state is all the time high. I will go on the site to have a look tomorrow.

Is there any other good option to wire than with a relay? Maybe I could go with +12V in the alarm wire directly, just have to check what is the device in the other end and it will accept +12V in alarm out wires.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out!

• Now it seems that something has happened because RUT241 input state is all the time high.
    • Perhaps state inversion was turned on? This can be toggled by navigating to Services → Input/Output → Status → and disabling the inversion toggle on the Input section;
  • Is there any other good option to wire than with a relay? Maybe I could go with +12V in the alarm wire directly[...]
    • That could indeed work, as long as the RUT241 is powered via 12V PSU. In this case, I'd imagine, that the relay will not be needed, however, this depends on the end device. It would be best if the RUT241 and the end device share the same power lines and common ground;

I also have a few questions regarding your setup:

• You have mentioned that usually, the RUT241 does not send an SMS when the alarm condition goes to LOW. Do you have a different rule to notify, that the condition is LOW? How long does the condition stay on HIGH?
  • Could you share the troubleshoot file of your device? This will give me more insight into your device. The file can be generated by navigating to System → Administration → Troubleshoot and it can be attached to the original post. It will only be visible to Teltonika moderators.

EDIT: This article may also be of help.

Best regards,
DaumantasG

by anonymous
Thanks! I tried to download troubleshoot file but after long delay, got "failed to get log file status" error message and then web ui was exiting back to login screen. Tried this several times.

I was on the site today and found out that the system had constant "alarm on" state and alarm out wires were shorted. I could fix it by resetting the alarm memory in the main control unit, and after that the SMS from high level worked again. So this seems to be not problem in the RUT or my wiring, something else we just have to be looking now more carefully.

However, SMS from low level is not sent. I have a similar rule/condition for low level than I have for high level, but no SMS is sent when state changes from high to low. Usually high level can last long time, 10-60 minutes or longer, and the normal state is low level.
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for the information.

I believe a factory reset of the device could be tried, as well as a firmware update to v7.3 of RutOS.

Let me know if that does not help.

Best regards,
DaumantasG