FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
480 views 11 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

after updating the firmware version from RUT9_R_00.07.02.7 to version RUT9_R_00.07.03, changing the default SIM card in both directions (MOB1S1A1 to MOB1S2A1 and vice versa) requires switching the device off and on again to activate the interface (a reboot does not help). In the previous version, this type of failover worked seamlessly without a reboot.

Thanks and BR Guenther

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

I have tried to perform SIM switch both ways via WebUI and SMS commands, but did not experience any issues.

If you have performed firmware update with Keep settings option set to on, could you reset device to factory defaults (in the WebUI go to System -> Backup -> Restore default settings) and check, if the issue persists? Please note that this will delete your current configuration.

If device reset does not help, could you describe, why does the device need switching off?

Could you provide a troubleshoot file to check the SIM switch sequence? First, replicate the issue by issuing SIM switch, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. The logs in the file may provide more details into possible causes of the issue. Attach the file by editing your question.

Best regards,

by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for the detailed report.

Sorry for the delayed response.

At the moment, I would suggest to perform a modem firmware update. However, the procedure requires a stable alternative WAN source, either wired or wireless. For instructions, please refer to this link.

A couple of things to note about your case:

• <ID> - should be 1-1.4, however, in case of an error you should be shown a correct ID.
  • <VERSION> - enter the latest firmware version from the list of the previously executed command, it should be EC25EUGAR08A01M4G.

Best regards,

by anonymous
Hello,

after updating the system with the new modem firmware, I ran test instance 02. This ran successfully, as can be seen from the "TestInstance_02 - Switch SIM_2023-01-15.pdf" file. The only strange thing was the occurrence of error 404. Configuration file (ID "02") and troubleshoot file (ID "02a") are attached.

Now I have carried out further SIM switches without restarting the router. These SIM switches were all unsuccessful. The originally reported error occurred in both directions. After the first unsuccessful SIM switch, I created another troubleshoot file with the identifier "02b". Maybe this gives more clues.

Questions:
There seems to be a problem with the router's firmware configuration; therefore the modem firmware update. How will the system behave with future firmware updates? The next version, FW07.03.02, is already on offer. Is the modem firmware update compatible with this and future firmware versions?

What is the 404 error all about?

After one of the SIM switches I called up the menu Status -> Network -> Mobile; the system froze with a circling "Loading..." symbol and didn't report back. This was already the case in test instance 01 at the time. A reload of the website brought the system back to life. Are there problems with the WebUI?

The firmware configuration of the router does not seem stable to me at the moment. What's next?

Thanks and BR Guenther
by anonymous
Good Morning, when do you think can we continue solving this problem?

Thanks and BR Guenther
by anonymous

Hello,

Apologies for the late reply.

Could you please check, if the latest 7.4 firmware release resolves your issues?

Best regards,

by anonymous

Hello ZygimantasBliu,

although it's not my job to test firmware versions, I'll share my latest experience with you.

After switching the SIM card from SIM1 (mob1s1a1) to SIM2 (mob1s2a1), the connection to the provider is not established automatically. The status of mob1s2a1 remains offline. Even a reboot doesn't change that. Only a re-scan under the menu Network > Mobile > Network Operators, button "Scan for operators" brings the router back to the mobile network (mob1s2a1).

If you walk through Crowd Support Forum, you can find that not only my router model has problems with unstable mobile connectivity. There are similar cases, but, as far as I can see, all have updated to firmware versions 7.x.

I would appreciate it very much to get rid of this problem soon. Thank you very much.

BR Guenther