FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,023 views 3 comments
by anonymous

Ive just bought a RUTX14 and it's been working perfectly with an EE SIM on unlimited Data...until every 1-2 days the internet connection drops and the 3G and 4G lights intermittently blink, one after the other. 

This problem doesn't seem to resolve its self and I have to turn the router off and on to fix it. 

I can see from the help guides this means that there is a connection issue to the network:

"The device is attempting to connect to a mobile network operator."

but I cant find any more detailed information than this. Is this a DNS/IP address issue? We have a public IP via EE so cant set up a Dynamic DNS...HELP!!

by anonymous
Sadly I'm still having the issue... I've uploaded a new troubleshooting file. any ideas?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out!

When this issue happens again, please log into the WebUI, navigate to System → Administration → Troubleshoot and generate a troubleshoot file. It can be attached to the original post. It will only be visible to Teltonika moderators.

The logs in the file will hopefully lead to the root cause of the issue.

Best regards,
DaumantasG

by anonymous

Hi DaumantasG,

Thanks so much for answering me! I'm afraid it's happened again, only this time the 3g/4g lights were blinking at the same time indicating that the SIM or Sim pin was faulty. Turning off and on again seemed to fix the issue..

Ive uploaded two troubleshooting files, one from when it stopped working, then another form when the blinking lights started some time later. Any idea what's going on?

Lou

by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for the information!

From the logs, I can see, that there is an issue with the modem. I'll contact you via private message regarding further actions.

Most likely either a modem update or RMA will be needed.

Best regards,
DaumantasG