FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
2,787 views 3 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

I noticed the RMS has a feature to temporarily get access the admin page. I suspect it uses a reverse SSH tunnel with the exit node at Teltonika.

This would be useful for other connected devices as well. Let's assume I have RUT955 @192.168.1.1 as gateway and a Raspberry Pi @192.168.1.110. It runs  ssh on port 22. I would like to use the RMS to tunnel 192.168.1.110:22 to some temporary web-address.

2 Answers

+2 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

You can change the duration of the link expire time. When you go to devices overview page --> Go to DEVICE ACCESS table and press on the WebUI link, you can generate new token with your specified period of time.

RMS now allows to reach devices behind the added router via HTTP protocol. To configure such token go to overview page --> actions --> access. There you can create a new rule depending on your topology and ports used.

More protocols (other than HTTP) are at the implementations list already
Best answer
by anonymous

So only HTTP is allowed through the tunnel?

I tried SSH and it did not work for me:

by anonymous
For this moment only HTTP is allowed to reach devices behind the router, but as I mentioned more protocols is already in to do list.
by anonymous
Thank you for your response. Is there a bandwith limit attached to this service?

It would be great to get SSH access to LAN devices or even connect to Databases.
0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

If I understand correctly, you want to access other devices, connected to your Teltonika router? As RMS has this feature implemented.

To set up access for your other devices on RMS:

1. Select the router that the device is connected to
  2. Hit Action -> Access and set up your device

3. Not, go to the routers information window and you will be able to generate temporary access to your device

Let me know if this is what you were looking for.