FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
409 views 7 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I'm trying to connect with a Raspberry through a Rut240. I want to download some data with a ssh protocol. I can access to the computer with the RMS ssh conection but when I try to do it using MobaXterm or similar, I cannot. Is there anything special I have to set up the connection with MobaXterm??

Thank yo very much.

Best wishes,

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Could you clarify if you are trying to access your Raspberry pi from some remote computer or locally?

I have tried tried remote SSH to TCR100, a different Teltonika device with PuTTy client, but had no issue to login to my Raspberry from the same terminal window, the only difference from default TCR settings being a changed SSH port number to a random value for some security:

Best regards,

by anonymous

Hi,

I'm trying to access from a remote computer. 

Can I have access to the rut240 from a emote computer using the ssh root@192.168.1.1 ?? Or I'm doing thos totally wrong.

Thaks.

by anonymous

Does your RUT240 have a public IP, because in order to SSH into RUT from a remote network, you have to refer to it's Public IP and you must have remote SSH access enabled in System -> Administration -> Access control in RUT's settings.

by anonymous
Hi,

Ok, I see. The SSH acces was enable but I see on the status->overview settings' page that the IP address is private. Do you know how can I change that?

Thank you very much for your quick answers and your help.
by anonymous
In some cases, public IPs can be received by using a specific custom APN, if you are using cellular connectivity. However, it is only provided by some mobile operators.

Mostly it is a paid service, sometimes available only for business clients.

I would suggest to contact your ISP.

Best regards,
by anonymous
Hi,

Ok!

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best wishes.
by anonymous
Hello again,

I managed to set the IP as public, so now in RUT's settings there is specified in status>overview: WAN IP address = Public IP address.

However, it's still not working when I tried to connect from a remote computer using MobaXterm. I'm sure this must be a very silly mistake since I'm not an expert on these thing at all. So, what should I really do on the MobaXterm to connect with the raspberry? Maybe I'm doing this wrong.

Thanks.
by anonymous

Do you have remote SSH access enabled in System -> Administration -> Access control in RUT's settings?

Are you able to ping your RUT over its public IP?

Can you access the router itself remotely over SSH?