FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
509 views 2 comments
by anonymous
After the upgrade to RUTX_R_00.07.03 my RUTX11 does not support both tagged and untagged port based VLANs.

I have been running a management VLAN in my network that is untagged on ports (the only untagged VLAN on ports) with all other VLANs tagged.  The new software upgrade to RUTX_R_00.07.03 now advises "Tagged port can not b used together with untagged".

Will this feature be added back?  I have been running this across OpenWRT devices for years without issues.

Thanks in advance for your time.
by anonymous
I should add the software where tagged and untagged ports worked was the previous version RUTX_R_00.07.02.7

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Could you tell how and when exactly the message you have mentioned is displayed, as I have not encountered it. Both Tagged and Untagged options could be set on a single port.

Could you create a backup of your current configuration, perform a device reset to factory defaults (System -> Backup -> Restore default settings) and check, if the same behavior occurs?

If it is still not possible to configure both types of VLANs on a single port, could you try the following:

• Set Untagged on ports you need in the WebUI.
  • Next, login to the router via SSH and execute the following commands to, for example, configure a tagged VLAN on port 1:
    • uci add network switch_vlan
    • uci set network.@switch_vlan[-1].device='switch0'
    • uci set network.@switch_vlan[-1].vlan='10'
    • uci set network.@switch_vlan[-1].ports='0t 2t'
    • uci set network.@switch_vlan[-1].vid='10'
    • uci commit
    • reload_config

Best regards,

Best answer
by anonymous

Hi ZygimantasBliu,

Thanks for your reply.  For reference I was getting the error just when changing the VLANs tagged on specific ports through the GUI.  The error "Tagged port can not be used together with untagged" was shown in the GUI with red boxes highlighting the error dropdown selections on the port.  My example was with port LAN 3 and VLAN ID 1 was set to Tagged and VLAN ID 20 was set to Untagged, and was working pre upgrade, but when I was changing config on one of the other ports this config was highlighted.

The TLDR is that it appears to be a config corruption/bug.

The long story is as follows:

1.    I noticed this error, made this original post, rolled back to RUTX_R_00.07.02.7 and noticed it was not an issue with 7.02.7
  2.     What should be noted is that the device required to erase the config to roll back to 7.02.7 from 7.03.
  3.     After your post I started up my second RUTX11 which was also on 7.0.3, but it did not have the same problem
  4.     I noticed that the original unit with the error had a "GENERAL SETTINGS" section under the VLAN configuration as you can see from the below screenshot.  This section was missing from my second RUTX11.
  5.     What should be noted is that my second RUTX11, which purchased at the same time has not been in service so has not had the exact same software upgrades to it in the past.
  6.     I then restored Default settings on the original unit through System> Backup> Restore to factory default
  7.     I configured the original unit as before, but the "GENERAL SETTINGS" section under the VLAN configuration is now no longer present.
  8.     I no longer get the error in the GUI