FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
2,035 views 3 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

I am trying to use a RUT240 running latest firmware as OpenVPN client over 4G.

The issue is that it does not try to contact my OpenVPN server (Mikrotik).

I am using the simplest parameters possibles (password auth, nothing fancy).

I am taking a network capture on the server side, and it does not receive anything.

If I switch to SSTP, it works fine (but SSTP seems to have performances issues on Mikrotik).

Am I missing something obvious ?

Anyone had a such issue in the past ?

Thank you

David Ponzone

3 Answers

+1 vote
by anonymous
Hi,

Could you add screenshots from RUT2 and from Mikrotik routers OpenVPN settings? Certificates and password is not necessary.
0 votes
by anonymous

Sure, here is a screenshot from the RUT240 OpenVPN conf:

RUT240 OpenVPN conf

I don't think the Mikrotik conf is relevant, as I am not receiving anything on its side (I use tshark to search for packets coming from the outside going to X.X.X.X on port 1194: nothing).

Thank you

by anonymous
Hi,

Could you send to me troubleshoot package from RUT2 when issue is appeared? You can send troubleshoot package directly to me, just press on my account.
0 votes
by
Does somebody solved this trouble? I has the same issue with OVPN client it does'nt even try to connect to server.
by
The answer I got from Teltonika Support is that a Cert is required anyway.

They provided me with a beta which supports login/password auth without cert but I had no time to validate it.

Also, I preferred to add a Mikrotik router as CPE to establish the tunnel, it seems to me more reliable in the long term.
by
i've got cert and pass, but it does'nt even try to connect