FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
402 views 4 comments
by anonymous

downgraded from RUT2_R_00.07.03 to RUT2_R_00.07.02.04, because RUT2_R_00.07.03 did not forward openvpn traffic as RUT2_R_00.07.02.04 did. Now the access to the device is impossible, both initial and changed before password do not validate. The same with ssh access as root.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

Please, try reinstalling the firmware via bootloader. The instructions can be found HERE.

Also, I would like you to provide additional details:

• Did you downgrade with Keep settings option set to on and did the device become inaccessible immediately after being downgraded from RUT2_R_00.07.03 to RUT2_R_00.07.02.04?
  • Could you provide as many details as possible about the configuration you had in 7.3 to try and replicate the issue?
  • In regards to OpenVPN issue, If you managed to restore your device via bootloader menu, tt would be very helpful if you could upgrade back to 7.3 and recreate your OpenVPN configuration. Then you would need to generate a troubleshoot file from the device. To generate the file, access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. The logs in the file might provide more details into possible causes of OVPN issues.

Kind Regards,

Andzej

by anonymous
Hi,

have reinstalled the fw via bootloader, but unfortunately I'm still not able to log in (exactly the same webui message and console behavior). Tried RUT2_R_00.07.03.1_WEBUI.bin and RUT2_R_00.07.02.4_WEBUI.bin, the same result.

Yes, the "keep settings" option was selected before the first fw upload.
The configuration was like this:
wifi disabled, auto ping reboot enabled with default settings, WAN port used as LAN, remote management disabled.
Nothing else was changed from the default settings.
by anonymous
Hi,

Does the error always says that the device is unreachable or does it say that the username/password is invalid?

Is there a chance you have a new device with a different default password? New devices have a different default password (not admin01). The new password is written on the back of the RUT241 devices (where serial,wifi, and other information is written).

Do you have this device added to RMS? Is it accessible from there?

Kind Regards,

Andzej
by anonymous

the answer was always like this: Invalid username and/or password! Please try again. the router is not configured to RMS.

But yes, this router had a different password, thanks for the hint. It will take some time to get used to this... btw, the font could be a little bigger for this data on the router. It's a serious effort to read the password correctly. 

regarding the OVPN issue, I will do some more tests now . the OVPN client was my controller, not the router.

by anonymous
Hi,

Glad to hear that you can access your device again.

If there are issues with OpenVPN, please, let me know about it.

Have a great day!

Kind Regards,

Andzej