FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
250 views 0 comments
by anonymous

Hi,

Yesterday, I set up a new TRB500 and noticed that the Update firmware page (System > Firmware) displays a Firmware type option with "Device firmware" and "Modem firmware" as options. by the way, the device has firmware TRB5_R_00.07.03. That sounds like a great addition!

Facts

• The manual page for RUT240 and RUTX11 (I have one of each) both include the field "Firmware type" with the options "Device firmware" and "Modem firmware" as options.
  • However, logging in to these units (both with 00.07.03 firmware versions) I couldn't see the Firmware type option on either of them. 
  • The changelog for firmware version 00.07.03 doesn't mention this feature (neither for RUT240 nor for RUTX11).

What's the issue?

1. Could it be that the manual pages for RUT240 and RUTX11 (and possibly other devices as well) contain incorrect information about this feature being available? 
  2. Or, is there an issue with the firmware (i.e. the feature should have been included but wasn't)?
  3. Or, could it be an issue with the firmware installation in my units?

Further comments

• The feature merits being mentioned in the firmware changelog when (or if) it will be available for other devices.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for noticing this!

This feature is not available on RUT/RUTX/TCR devices and will be removed.

Modem firmware usually does not need updating, it is only used on edge cases, and there is a different solution for it.

Let us know if you notice any further discrepancies!

Best regards,
DaumantasG
Best answer