FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
270 views 6 comments
by anonymous
Dear All,

We have an issue with a rut950 on latest version RUT9_R_00.07.03.

in fact we see like a public IP of one of or partner is blocked by the teltonika.

The ping don't works from the TELTONIKA to the public IP of the partner. Last week all works properly. We don't have change anything. Before software update don't works after software update don't works too.

On this site, on the past we have change the TELTONIKA because we have the same issue after the change the problem was solved so the problem isn't with the provider.

Do you have any proposition for see what's happened ?

Best Regards,

Florian,

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for reaching out!

Could you clarify how the issue was resolved the last time this happened? Was the router replaced with a different manufacturer? Or was simply a different 950 used?

Did this happen on the same site as the last time?

As I understand the router itself cannot reach a certain IP? Or can the router itself not be reached from a specific IP address?

If the router itself cannot be reached, it could be that someone from that IP tried logging into the router using the wrong credentials. This can be checked by navigating to System → Administration → Access Control → Security tab. By default this rule is enabled and the failed login count is set to 10.

Awaiting your response!

Best regards,
DaumantasG
by anonymous
Dear DaumantasG,

We have change the router rut950 by an other one and the problem was solved directly. And since this change all works since september but this week nothing works. We have check and nothing can block this IP.
by anonymous

Hello,

Do you have physical access to this device? Perhaps a factory reset could be performed to check if this is an issue on the router side or somewhere else?

Do I understand correctly that the router cannot reach the public IP in question, but users from that same public IP can reach the Teltonika device? Or is the connection blocked both ways?

Best regards,
DaumantasG

by anonymous
Dear DaumantasG,

No physical access to the router. This one is installed on customer site. We can't made a factory reset and for me the problem isn't on the router. As I told you we have change the router in september so the problem is more profond.

So now it's working but we don't know why.

In fact we have try this :

Open the DMZ to the second router connected to the teltonika.

After that we have lost the communication in remote.

We have connecte in remote desktop to a computer and remove the DMZ and active the port forwards.

Now the ping works between the remote site and the central site. We don't why and we know the problem can come again.

Can you tell me if we can maybe see somewhere whats happening ?

Best Regards,

Florian
by anonymous

Hello,

it's very hard to guess the issue, it does seem configuration-related.

After the router was changed out, was something done with the device from the customer's location? Perhaps it has not been reset and still has configuration on it?

Let's hope that it does not happen again, however, if it does, please navigate to System → Administration → Troubleshoot and generate a Troubleshoot file. This will give us some more insight into what the issue could be.

And just to clarify, there was only one public IP that was unreachable from the RUT950? Internet browsing worked just fine?

Best regards,
DaumantasG

by anonymous
Hello,

yes I mean it's a configuration issue but I don't change anything on the configuraiton of the router when the problem was arrive.

In september we have save the config of the router on site and upload it on a new one. We have send it and change it on site and the problem was solved immediatly...

Yes it's only on one public IP that was unreachable from the network site.

In fact we can't ping the public IP of the partner from the site and partner don't see too. When we perform a tracert to the remote site we see it's didn't arrive to the router we see it's finish after the backbone of the operator.

How I can send you the troobleshoot file ?
by anonymous
The file can be attached to the original post or sent to me via a private message. If it's attached to the post, it will only be visible to Teltonika moderators.

Will this file be from the same device that the issue occurred on, or is it from a device with the same configuration that is currently in operation?

Best regards,
DaumantasG