FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
412 views 3 comments
by anonymous

Hello,

I have an unstable internet connection. Several times per day, when opening a web page, I get an error, for example at Google's page:

Hmm. We’re having trouble finding that site.

We can’t connect to the server at www.google.fi.

If you entered the right address, you can:

Try again later
    Check your network connection
    Check that Firefox has permission to access the web (you might be connected but behind a firewall)

Also the RUTX12 has a troubles finding an IP address in it's own speed test, after I have selected a speedtest-server from the list.

I have a new RUTX12. Newest firmware is installed (RUTX_R_00.07.0), I have booted the device several times.

Internet speed is quite good (over 100Mbps).

I'm using 2 SIM cards from different operators (I manually entered operators to the RUTX12). Load balancing is in use. WIFI is off. Everything else is at factory settings. I have connected the RUTX12 to the Netgear Orbi RBR50 router from LAN 1 port, and from Orbi to my computer with ethernet cable.

With my old Huawei modem I never get that kind of error.

What could be the cause of the problem?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Do the disconnects happen on both SIM cards, or a single SIM?

The troubleshoot file indicates disconnect on the second modem, with SIM2. The only indication is a poor signal SINR value, which might be reason for disconnections:

• "rssi": -68,
  • "rsrp": -103,
  • "sinr": -3,
  • "rsrq": -15

Do you have an opportunity to try a different placement of the device?

Are all mobile antennas connected to the RUTX12?

Are bands 3 and 20 configured for both SIMs the only available bands in your area? Have you tried Auto setting?

Best regards,

by anonymous

Hi,

"Do the disconnects happen on both SIM cards, or a single SIM?"

I haven't tried, but I can try to disable the modem 2, and see what happens.

At this moment I'm using my old directional antenna (on the roof) with modem 1, and the 2 short mobile antennas with the modem 2. Does it make any sense to connect the directional antenna (it's a double antenna with two output cables) to the main antennas input, and mobile antennas to AUX-inputs?

I also have a new QuMax antenna but It's not installed yet, because the importer did not have PoE-power supply for it (QuPSU GP241E) in the stock. They said, that it could take several weeks to get it to Finland. The importer suggested this instead, but they could not guarantee, that it's compatible with the RUTX12: https://www.satshop.fi/tl-poe150s.html Do you know, is it compatible? I read somewhere, that wrong kind of power supply can break the RUTX12.

I don't have an opportunity to try a different placement of the device.

"Are bands 3 and 20 configured for both SIMs the only available bands in your area? Have you tried Auto setting?"

Yes, those are the only available bands in my area. I have confirmed the bands from the operators. I have tried Auto settings, but it did not work any better.

by anonymous

Does it make any sense to connect the directional antenna (it's a double antenna with two output cables) to the main antennas input, and mobile antennas to AUX-inputs?

It does, as directional antenna could boots performance for the second modem. It's just that the effect of the smaller antennas in this configuration might be neglected. However, it would help in checking, if it is the signal quality of the second modem, that affects connection.

For testing, you could disable load balancing and spend some time with connection to a single operator, to check if the disconnections are related to a single operator or happens on both modems. 

The importer suggested this instead, but they could not guarantee, that it's compatible with the RUTX12: https://www.satshop.fi/tl-poe150s.html Do you know, is it compatible? 

RUTX12 supports passive PoE injectors via the LAN1 port. The suggested injector is an active 802.3af one and will not work with the router.

by anonymous
Thank you for your answers!

I will do some testing with antennas, modems, and load balancing, while I'm waiting for the right kind of passive PoE injector.

Best Regards!