FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
426 views 3 comments
by anonymous

Dear all,

I have the following question regarding RUT241 and the use of RMS. RMS is enabled for RUT241 device and works.

Current Configuration:

RUT241    PoE-Switch (TL-SG105PE)            HKVision (DS-2CD1027G0-L) cam               Huawei SmartLogger3000

LAN-Port ---->LAN-Port:3 (of Switch)

LAN-Port:1 (of Switch)   ------------->PoE-LAN Interface (of Camera)

LAN-Port:4 (of Switch)  -----------------------------------------------------------------> LAN-Port (of SmartLogger)

The IP address are configured (static) as:

RUT241:  192.168.1.1

TL-SG105PE Switch: 192.168.1.11

HKVision camera: 192.168.1.12

Huawei SmartLogger3000: 192.168.1.10

When I log into RMS, to to menu RMS Remote, select Remote HTTP(s), select the dropdown "remote" the command "Add new remote",  within the modal window, in section "Device (Search Devices" i select the RUT241 device, then I click on "SCAN DEVICE", then I correctly receive a list of some "connected devices to RUT241".
I receive the following 192.168.1.11 and 192.168.1.10. And indeed I can add both devices. And for both devices I can create a "device remote access" and I can access the devices via RMS.

The question is, that I cannot see in the list the IP for SmartLogger (192.168.1.10) but RMS shows only for the Switch and HKVision Cam.

Keep in mind, I have not set up any port forwarding, so even for the Switch and HKVision there is no portforwarding, but still RMS can see them.
Can you please help? I would like to be able to access also the Huawei/Smartlogger?

Technical Information: RUT241- 

Firmware version

RUT2M_R_00.07.03

Firmware build date

2022-12-15 13:53:43

Internal modem firmware version

K

Kernel version

Thank you in advance!!

Kind regards,

Michael

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Can you ping the SmartLogger from RUT241 LAN?

Are you able to access the SmartLogger, if you set up HTTP(S) remote manually?

Have configured a static lease from the router's LAN settings or set within the SmartLogger?

It may not show much, but could you attach a troubleshoot file to your question. Please, replicate the issue, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there.
Best regards,

by anonymous

Hello,

thanks for the quick response.

Can you ping the SmartLogger from RUT241 LAN? 

- yes, I can ping 192.168.1.10 successfully the Huawei/Smartlogger within local LAN.

Are you able to access the SmartLogger, if you set up HTTP(S) remote manually?

- OK. I did not try before to set up manually RMS remote. I created now a RMS remote access to port 192.1.68.1.10 port 443, and indeed I can access SmartLogger via RMS. But there is a problem. After around 30 sec, the WebGUI of SmartLogger disconnects me with an error message ("User rights invalid or communication failed"). So I can't really use it.

While in RMS remote, after I get disconnected from WebGUI of SmartLogger, than if I log on via local LAN (192.168.1.10), than I am not getting disconnected from WebGUI of SmartLogger and I can work properly without problem.

Have configured a static lease from the router's LAN settings or set within the SmartLogger?

- The SmartLogger has been configured to receive the static address, as (see also screenshot):

WAN/LAN port working mode set to LAN+LAN

WAN&LAN port parameters:
      IP address: 192.168.1.10
      Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0

SFP Port parameters:
      IP address: 192.168.8.10
      Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
      Default gateway: 192.168.8.1
      Primary DNS server: 192.168.8.1
     Secondary DNS: 0.0.0.0

To resume, after setting manual RMS remote to SmartLogger (192.168.1.10 port 443), I can access the WebGUI but after around 30 sec I do get disconnected, every time.

It may not show much, but could you attach a troubleshoot file to your question.

I have uploaded the file, within the question area.

Can you help further?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,
Michael

PS: I uploaded the screenshots within the 'edit question', because i can't upload screenshot when creating/answering comments.

by anonymous

It might be that since connection using remote HTTP(S) is seen as from a proxy by the end devices, it might not be accepted.

Could you try RMS VPN HUB functionality, and see if that works? For instructions, please refer to this video.

by anonymous
Dear  ZygimantasBliu,

Thank you for the explanation. We were able to setup up the RMS VPN Hub functionality and it works fine now, without logout every 30 sec.

Best regards,
Michael