FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
2,592 views 4 comments
by

Hi Support team,

On one of our sites we have 4 Teltonika RUT 955.  There are all 4 configured as Mobile WAN. 3 are working fine but one does not re-establisch the mobile connection when connection is lost. If you send sms > getip -> it tells WAN IP - ; -> in that case we have to manually reboot the router to get it solved. As this happens many times during the day this is really annoying. We know that the signal is about -87dBm. It is not that very good but normally  good enough.  If higher as - 100dBm this is not good.

Now i compared 2 routers (a good working one and the bad one)

What i can see is that both routers are disconnected several times during the day but with one big difference.

-> The good working one re-establish connection if connection gets lost. Within 10 seconds.

145 2019-05-05 21:50:57 Mobile Data Mobile data connected -> (re-established automatic)
144 2019-05-05 21:50:50 Mobile Data Mobile data disconnected

The bad working one loses connection and you need to manually reboot the router to get this solved. Otherwise connection is not re-established.

If you have a look a the time interval you can see what happens

137 2019-05-16 07:29:19 Mobile Data Mobile data connected, IP (Re-established after sending reboot)
136 2019-05-14 15:03:30 Mobile Data Mobile data disconnected
151 2019-05-18 08:42:58 Mobile Data Mobile data connected -> (re-established after sending reboot)
150 2019-05-17 22:06:25 Mobile Data Mobile data disconnected
149 2019-05-17 21:46:55 Mobile Data Mobile data connected

Situation:

Good working one: Firmware = RUT9XX_R_00.06.00.4   Pingreboot not acitvated.

Bad woring one: Firmware= OLD = RUT9XX_R_00.06.00.4  New= RUT9XX_R_00.06.02 (still the same  connection problems) Pingreboot not activated, but i will activate it now to see if connections re-establish.

Ping reboot is only a temporary solution. This cannot be a final solution as on the other routers ping reboot is not activated as well.

What is wrong with this router?

Kind regards,

Geoffrey 

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous
Hi,

Without troubleshoot package is hard to say what is happening. As solution you could try to set ping reboot option and select "Action if no echo is received: Restart mobile connection"

If issue persist, please send to me (private message) troubleshoot package from router. Before downloading troubleshoot package, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot -> Enable "Include PPPD information" and save settings. When issue appears wait 5-10 minutes and then download a troubleshoot package.
by
Hi,

How can i send you a private message?

Kind regards,

Geoffrey
by anonymous
Press on my account and then you will be able to send private message.
by
Hi,

It would be nice if you share the solution to this problem, instead of moving to a private chat, so that other users with the same problem (like me) can get rid of it.

Could you solve this problem and how?

Kind regards.
by anonymous
Hi

I seem to be seeing a similar issue wiht my RUT955. Roughly once a day it appears to loose data connection and can only be restablished by a manual intervention reconnection.

is it known if the ping reboot setting change helped solve the issue or was something else found?

Should I raise a seperate query thread with my problem?

Thank you for any help