FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
445 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

The modem on my RUT956 recently just stopped working a couple of days after updating FW to 00.07.03. The SIM can not be identified in either slot 1 or 2. The LED indicated missing PIN (red/green flash). However, there was no menu item to enter any PIN.

Downgraded FW to 00.07.02.9. That did not help, SIM still dead. Have tried to downgrade further, however no FW-file is accepted, not even 00.07.03 or 00.07.03.1. All 'invalid'. All signal LED's are flashing, no description in the manual.

Please advise.

Kindly,
Björn

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

What was the firmware version you had before update to 7.03 and did you update with Keep settings option set to on or of?

Could you login to the router via SSH, execute the commands below and post a screenshot with the output:

• ls /dev/ttyUSB*
  • lsusb

Next, I would like you to attach a troubleshoot file to your question. Access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there.

Best regards,

by anonymous

Hi,

I don't remember what stock FW, I think it was 07.02.3. Serial 1123230474 batch 002. Purchased november 22.

I used keep. However it did not work right away, MQTT Broker, DDNS service were gone. Had to add external USB memory ...

After SIM broke down I have tried to reinstall using not keep - no difference. 

ls: /dev/ttyUSB*: No such file or directory
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002

Cheers!
Björn

Troubleshoot attached to first post.

by anonymous
The issue is that modem module not seen by the router, which indicates hardware failure.

Details from CLI commands confirm, that nothing can be done from software side, thus in your case, the device should be returned for replacement or warranty repair.