FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
509 views 1 comments
by anonymous

Hello,

In client mode, my device get stuck on the same AP even when there are anothers AP with same SSID with better signal quality.

Is there a way to force the device to connect to another AP with better signal when the signal quality drops ?

My configuration:

• HW : RUTX10
  • FW : RUTX_R_00.07.03

1 Answer

+2 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Currently there's no WebUI support for your desired configuration. It is planned to be added with 7.5 firmware version. However, at the moment, only SSH modifications are possible. To configure changes, please login to your router via CLI/SSH. Edit wireless configuration file with a text editor using the following command:

• vi /etc/config/wireless

Press letter i to enable editing and add the following options to config wifi-iface, which has option mode 'sta'  (your WiFi client instance)

option bgscan 'simple'
         option short_interval '20'
         option long_interval '300'
         option signal_thresh '-50'

Once done, press Esc button, entre :wq and press Enter to save changes and exit. Then execute reload_config command.

See, if you get more satisfactory performance.

Explanation of the options:

• Short_interval - defines the interval between background scans (in seconds) if the actual signal level of the currently connected access point is worse than signal_strength (signal_thresh in wireless config).
  • Long_interval - defines the interval between background scans (in seconds) if the actual signal level of the currently connected access point is better than signal_strength(signal_thresh in wireless config).
  • Signal_thresh - defines a threshold (in dBm) that determines which one of the following two parameters (i.e., Short Interval or Long Interval) will be effective.

Best regards,

Best answer
by anonymous
Thank you, it is working !