FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
311 views 13 comments
by anonymous
RUT950 V7.0.3 with 2 IPSEC VPN configured one as Main and other as backup as per attached image. Backup VPN points to another public IP address with another provider different from the Main one.

Main is set as Mode=Start and backup _b is set as Route. Although these setting, every time I reboot the router, it starts the VPN _b (backup). No way to have it on the Main unless I disable _b.

Any idea?

Thanks

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out!

Unfortunately, it seems like at the moment in our strongSwan implementation it is not possible to set up "passive" tunnels, that only connect if the main tunnel is down.
However, running both tunnels at the same time should not be an issue for the RUT950 (unless the remote subnets overlap for both instances).

Best regards,
DaumantasG

by anonymous
Hello,

the problem to remain with v6 firmware is that we would like to use RUTXR1 but I think that this device can't run with this  previous version. Isn't it?

regards
by anonymous
If you already have the device, you could test it out with v0.2.6, as that shares most of the logic with v6.

If that does not help, I'm afraid the only option is to wait for the implementation of this IPsec module.

Best regards,
DaumantasG
by anonymous
But I can find only the fw V7.02.6. Is this the one you refer to?

Best regards
by anonymous

This is the FW I was reffering to.

Best regards,
DaumantasG

by anonymous
Hi,

just to let you know that swapping the VPN order in IPSEC config during the creation of them had solved the start order. This have been proven on two different RUT950 units