FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,312 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hi,
I use SMS and Modbus to turn the mobile connection on and off. Both work. But if I turn off the mobile connection with SMS, I can not turn it on afterwards with Modbus. I have to turn on the mobile connection with SMS again. Thereafter, the modbus works. What can I do? It is annoying.
It is a RUT955 with the firmware R_00.06.02.2.

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous
Hello,

After you disable mobile connection via SMS it is logical that you won't reach the device via Modbus, because router does not have Internet connection anymore.

To send SMS message router does not need to have Internet connection, this is why you can still enable mobile connection via SMS.
by anonymous
Hi,

You are wrong. I use Modbus in the local network. All other Modbus commands will work even after the switch mobile off with SMS.

For explanation. I use SMS when I'm on the go. On site I use a Modbus application via the local network.
by anonymous
Hi again,

Thanks for more details. With this information I was able to reproduce the issue now. Issue is reported to the RND department and should be fixed in the upcoming FW release.