FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
928 views 1 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

Teltonika RUT 240 configured as Modbus TCP Slave, port 502, device id 10

Im use ComTestPro for modbus TCP device for testing , i can read all registers, i can reboot router when i writing 1 to register 206, but i have error:<< Illegal data value>>  when i writing 1 to register 396 (also the same if i write to register 397)

thanks for answers

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Some of the information in the Wiki was incorrect, it is fixed now.

Below are instructions on how to execute SMS sending with MODBUS using ComTestPro:

• First register number - 397;
  • Number of registers - 90;
  • The register array is split into two parts that represent the recipient's phone number and the SMS message contents. Phone number resides at the first 10 registersmessage contents resides at the last 80 registers.
  • A single register represents two 8-bit ASCII characters that are concatenated together. This rule applies both for phone number and message contents registers.

• To write a single character into a register, the register needs to end with additional zeroes (e.g. to write character a, the register will be [6100h], not [61h])
  • Example: recipient's number -> 0037061000000; message contents -> Test (note the aforementioned caveat at the last digit of the phone number)

SMS was sent with the above configuration. It did show "No response received" message, but nevertheless, SMS was sent:

I was also able to do it with internal MODBUS TCP Master application, which can be downloaded using Services -> Package manager application:

Best regards,

Best answer
by anonymous
Now is working! AČIŪ!
0 votes
by anonymous
Hello, i have another question, it is possible read sms message from sim card via modbus TCP?