FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
262 views 3 comments
by anonymous
I currently have (2) RUT955 units that are acting the same way. I put the sim card into the router and the web UI says connected. I plug my laptop into the LAN port and try to ping 8.8.8.8. It will ping for a second and lose the ping for about 30-60 seconds before responding to one more ping. If I SSH into the RUT955 and perform a ping of 8.8.8.8 it responds without an issue. I looked into the NAT options and everything and can't find why the LAN side is having issues with constant internet connection. To make sure this wasn't a sim card issue, I placed the same sim card in a RUT240. I plugged my laptop into the lan port of the RUT240 and internet connection and pings were constant. I upgraded the firmware of the RUT955 to the latest and that didn't work either. I made sure to erase all settings while upgrading. The next thing I can try is firmware upgrading the modem. I found some instructions but it seems involved and wanted to see if there was another option. I was thinking it could be a bad RUT955 but it's happening to both of them.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out!

This behavior does indeed sound strange, especially after a factory reset.

Could you navigate to System → Administration → Troubleshoot and generate a troubleshoot file after replicating the issue (plugging the laptop in, performing the pings)? This file can be attached to the original post and it will only be visible to Teltonika moderators. It will give me more insight into what the issue could be.

Also, have you done any configuration other than the initial setup wizard after a factory reset?

Have you tried using a different LAN port on the RUT955?

Best regards,
DaumantasG

by anonymous

So after trying to get the modem updated it looks like the modem is not showing up. I tried re-uploading the firmware and factory resetting. Does not seem like the modem is responding now. Troubleshoot file

by anonymous
Sent you a private message.

Best regards,
DaumantasG
by anonymous

This is the troubleshooting file of the second RUT955 having the same issue as described originally. Troubleshooting File