FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
323 views 7 comments
by anonymous

RUTx09

Firmware 7.03.1
Model EG06-E

Problem:

After getting the limit on SIM 1, the router switched to SIM2 but was unable to start it because it wanted the SIM code (but the sim code was entered and correct)
1) After resetting the router, the situation was still the same

2) If that didn't help, the data on SIM1 was cleared and the default card was switched to SIM2 (so that the router would start on SIM2) - the router turned on correctly, even connected to the LTE network on SIM2, but after 10 seconds it restarted

3) Third solution I cleared the data on SIM1 and switched back to SIM1 by default (and here the surprise was missing the PIN to the card - as if something erased it from memory) the router started but also reset after 10-15 seconds but this time it connected correctly

Moving on, I started to test why it happened and I started to force the switch to 100MB and the router switched to SIM2 and
1) in a few cases modem not found occurred

2) several times it demanded to enter the PIN (but everything was there) for SIM 1 or SIM 2

Only turning the power off helped.

It has now switched properly and so far has not tried to reset

Another observation is that the router after switching to SIM2 resets about every 5 or 6 hours and I lose connection with it

I lose connection to the internet and to the router itself

Questions
1) Could it be a broken modem?
2) could it be a software fault?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out!

For me to get some more insight into this issue a troubleshoot file would be helpful. It can be generated by replicating the issue, then navigating to System → Administration → Troubleshoot. Then it can be attached to the original post. It will only be visible to Teltonika moderators.

Also, was the upgrade to 7.03.1 done with the "Keep settings" option enabled or disabled? A factory reset could help to rectify the issue.

Best regards,
DaumantasG

by anonymous

Done with the "Keep settings" option enabled 

by anonymous

If it happens again, please try performing a factory reset of the device.

If that does not help, attach the troubleshoot file generated after this issue re-appeared and I'll investigate further.

Best regards,
DaumantasG

by anonymous
I did a factory reset of the device but I noticed that not all settings were reset:

1) He remembered the PIN on SIM2

Now after reboot everything works fine. If something happens, I'll let you know
by anonymous
Hello,

That is the intended behavior, SIM PINs are the only settings kept after a factory reset.

Let me know if you notice any more abnormal behavior.

Best regards,
DaumantasG
by anonymous
Today the router started to go crazy again.
In a private message you have 3 backups
1) after detecting that it restarts
2) after several restarts in a row
3) after the resets stabilized but it still reset after about 30 minutes

I did a factory reset and everything started working fine again.

And what next?
because obviously something is wrong with the software
- memory buffer overflow??
- the counters do not reset??
- any suspicions?
by anonymous
Hello

Follow-up observations

1) The router after the factory reset can maintain the stability of operation for a few hours, but sometimes the router after the factory reset has moments that maintaining stable operation depends on the use of the Internet ? (question) if the demand for large amounts of data suddenly increases, the router immediately drops the connection.

If I run SPEEDTEST (internet), then in the middle of the test, 99% of the router will reset itself.

Please provide the cause and solution to the problem because currently I have to go to reset it every few hours, which is not the best solution.
by anonymous
Hello,

I've sent you a private message with the further instructions.

Best regards,
DaumantasG