FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
585 views 7 comments
by anonymous
Hi

Trying to build RUT9_R_GPL_00.07.03.1.tar.gz..

I get the following error when compilation reaches classpath:

checking if ecj -warn:-deprecation,serial,unusedImport works... configure: error: The Java compiler ecj -warn:-deprecation,serial,unusedImport failed (see config.log, check the CLASSPATH?)

make[3]: *** [Makefile:93: /home/boris/rutos/rutos-ath79-rut9-gpl/build_dir/target-mips_24kc_musl/classpath-0.99/.configured_68b329da9893e34099c7d8ad5cb9c940] Error 1

make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/boris/rutos/rutos-ath79-rut9-gpl/package/libs/classpath'

time: package/libs/classpath/compile#15.16#3.70#18.65

ERROR: package/libs/classpath failed to build.

make[2]: *** [package/Makefile:114: package/libs/classpath/compile] Error 1

make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/boris/rutos/rutos-ath79-rut9-gpl'

make[1]: *** [package/Makefile:108: /home/boris/rutos/rutos-ath79-rut9-gpl/staging_dir/target-mips_24kc_musl/stamp/.package_compile] Error 2

make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/boris/rutos/rutos-ath79-rut9-gpl'

make: *** [/home/boris/rutos/rutos-ath79-rut9-gpl/include/toplevel.mk:234: world] Error 2

Using Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS.

JDK installed:

/usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-amd64/

Please help!

Regards,

Boris
by anonymous

I had the same error with a RUTX build on Ubuntu 18.4 . The solution was to install netbeans.

apt install netbeans

Kind regards,
    Viktor

3 Answers

+1 vote
by anonymous
Hello,

Do you have the ecj package installed ? Please execute:

make -j 1 V=sc 2>&1 | tee makelog.txt

and post the full makelog somewhere.

Regards,
by anonymous

Hi,

I have ecj installed:

ecj is already the newest version (3.16.0-1).

I also installed the following:

apt install -y libnode-dev 2to3 python2-minimal python2 dh-python python-is-python3 libssl-dev

below is a last part of the log as it is too long and cannot paste all of it on pastebin

https://pastebin.com/kFU2s7wC

by anonymous
Could you remove ecj and retry ? configure has other way to perform environment validation.
0 votes
by anonymous

after i removed ecj, i have the following error:

configure: error: no acceptable Java compiler found in $PATH

make[3]: *** [Makefile:93: /home/boris/rutos/rutos-ath79-rut9-gpl/build_dir/target-mips_24kc_musl/classpath-0.99/.configured_68b329da9893e34099c7d8ad5cb9c940] Error 1

make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/boris/rutos/rutos-ath79-rut9-gpl/package/libs/classpath'

time: package/libs/classpath/compile#15.34#3.75#18.88

make[1]: *** [package/Makefile:108: /home/boris/rutos/rutos-ath79-rut9-gpl/staging_dir/target-mips_24kc_musl/stamp/.package_compile] Error 2

make: *** [/home/boris/rutos/rutos-ath79-rut9-gpl/include/toplevel.mk:234: world] Error 2

by anonymous

configure: error: no acceptable Java compiler found in $PATH

What is the value of $PATH ? As you have the openjdk installed it shoul be included.

by anonymous

boris@boris-ThinkPad-P14s-Gen-1:~/rutos/rutos-ath79-rut9-gpl$ echo $PATH

/home/boris/.bin:/home/boris/.bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games:/snap/bin:/usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-amd64//bin

boris@boris-ThinkPad-P14s-Gen-1:~/rutos/rutos-ath79-rut9-gpl$ java -version

openjdk version "11.0.17" 2022-10-18

OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 11.0.17+8-post-Ubuntu-1ubuntu220.04)

OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 11.0.17+8-post-Ubuntu-1ubuntu220.04, mixed mode, sharing)

by anonymous

I haven't been able to compile classpath using ecj either maybe this is a version issue so I have taken another path I use a Fedora 37 linux distribution. With the rquired packages I have:

checking for zip... /home/fl/rutos-ath79-rut9-gpl/staging_dir/host/bin/zip
checking for a jar-like tool... trying fastjar, gjar and jar
checking for fastjar... no
checking for gjar... no
checking for jar... /usr/bin/jar
checking whether to regenerate parsers with jay... no
checking for stdint types... stdint.h (shortcircuit)
make use of stdint.h in include/config-int.h (assuming C99 compatible system)
checking for cacao... no
checking for jamvm... no
checking for kaffe... no
checking for gij... no
checking for java... java
checking for ecj... no
checking for ecj-3.3... no
checking for ecj-3.2... no
checking for javac... javac -Xlint:unchecked,cast,divzero,empty,finally,overrides
checking if javac -Xlint:unchecked,cast,divzero,empty,finally,overrides is a version of gcj... no
checking if javac -Xlint:unchecked,cast,divzero,empty,finally,overrides works... yes
checking for uudecode... no
configure: WARNING: I have to compile Test.class from scratch
checking if java works... yes
checking whether javac supports -J... yes
checking that generated files are newer than configure... done

The compilation is successful this way.

0 votes
by anonymous

installing netbeans did not help, still have error:

checking for javac... javac -Xlint:unchecked,cast,divzero,empty,finally,overrides

checking if javac -Xlint:unchecked,cast,divzero,empty,finally,overrides is a version of gcj... no

checking if javac -Xlint:unchecked,cast,divzero,empty,finally,overrides works... configure: error: The Java compiler javac -Xlint:unchecked,cast,divzero,empty,finally,overrides failed (see config.log, check the CLASSPATH?)

time: package/libs/classpath/compile#15.61#3.62#18.70

by anonymous

The list of installed packages on the Fedora 37 is here.

To install all the missing ones: cat dnfpkgs.txt | while read p; do dnf -y install $p;done

You should be able to compile classpath after that.