FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
443 views 4 comments
by anonymous

Hello, sorry to bother.

I do have a RUT240 in the field which drives me crazy.
RUT240: FW: RUT2_R_00.07.03.1

It is set up as WiFi Bridge to give clients in LAN internet access.
WiFi:   SSID: secret   ip: 192.168.29.20/24

LAN:   network: 172.16.6.0 ip: 172.16.6.1/24

It was all tested and worked till a FW update of the router two month ago.
RUT240:   is connected to WiFi,
                 gets its IP via DHCP Server.
                 CLI/SSH/troubbleshoot of ping 8.8.8.8 is getting response 
                 logs in to VPN-Server and sets up route 172.16.0.0/12 trough VPN (no internet access)
                 rest traffic supposed to go trough WiFi

Im logged into VPN Server as well. 172.16.1.4 and can ping RUT240 and all the devices in the network 172.16.6.0/24 and I have access to the devices WEB-GUIs. So I can say for sure, the RUT240 has internet access and allows me to communicate with it and the devices over the VPN tunnel.

But a few month ago, the clients lost connection to the internet.
Only thing happened was an OTA FW update of RUT240.
I doubble checked routing tables and I'm stuck.
Do I need to change or add routes/zones in FW settings?
Sipmly I do want traffic go out WiFi and not WAN or mobile.

route -n
Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface
0.0.0.0         192.168.29.254  0.0.0.0         UG    1      0        0 wlan0
10.10.16.0      10.10.16.1      255.255.240.0   UG    0      0        0 tun_c_gcn
172.16.6.0      0.0.0.0         255.255.255.0   U     2      0        0 br-lan
192.168.29.0    0.0.0.0         255.255.255.0   U     1      0        0 wlan0

reference RUT24: inet trough WAN (eth1)
route -n
Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface
0.0.0.0         192.168.178.1   0.0.0.0         UG    2      0        0 eth1
10.10.16.0      10.10.16.1      255.255.240.0   UG    0      0        0 tun_c_gcn
172.16.7.0      0.0.0.0         255.255.255.0   U     1      0        0 br-lan
192.168.178.0   0.0.0.0         255.255.255.0   U     2      0        0 eth1

Is routing properly and having normal internet connections for rest of traffic.

I have WEB-GUI access to the devices in the network, but their FW does not give me the ability to troubbleshoot or trace the connection.

How can I test from within RUT240 if packets get received and which way they take from out the network?
Or any other tips and tricks how I get this up and running again.
Preferably without loosing VPN access troughout this (few hours drive to site). smiley

Best regards, and thanks a lot.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

I've replicated your setup, but everything seems to be working as expected, and with a very basic OpenVPN tunnel LAN devices can reach the internet and the router itself can reach the VPN end-device and the internet.

What firmware version are you on? Could you try updating to RUT2_R_00.07.03.1?

Of course, the easiest solution would be to do a factory reset, however, if the router is a few hours away, then there still are some options to explore. I'd like you to generate a troubleshoot file. That can be done by navigating to System → Administration → Troubleshoot and the file can be attached to the original post. The file will only be visible to Teltonika moderators.

Regarding the tools for troubleshooting, our WebUI includes tools to ping, traceroute, nslookup and TCPdump. They all can be found by navigating to System → Administration → Troubleshoot. CLI/SSH can also be used for this purpose, but the TCPdump package would need to be installed using commands:

opkg update

opkg install tcpdump

Awaiting your response!

Best regards,
DaumantasG

by anonymous
Hello and thank you for your reply.

As stated, the newest firmware is installed.

Troubbleshoot file is attached.

I can ping the google DNS and my private IP in the internet.

trying to get the TCPdump Pakage installed as I write.

Found out, that I can curl http:// but not https://

Can I check if this on the RUT20 or if the WiFi Router I'm connected to does some crazy port blocking?
by anonymous

Hello,

If the issue started after a firmware update, then it's most likely an issue in the configuration files of the RUT240.

The best way for blocked ports would most likely be either by navigating to Network → Firewall → Traffic rules or by using the TCPdump.

Best regards,
DaumantasG

by anonymous

Thank you.

tryed, but I am not able to get the packet TCPdump installed, but can't download it via cli or ssh nor GUI.
Upload via GUI is working, but installing the packet times out after a few long minutes cause of auto logging out of the gui. sad

It looks like I have to go there to make a FW reset. sad

by anonymous
Hello,

regarding TCPdump, perhaps the flash memory has been filled up? The status of Flash can be seen in the Package manager, in the top right corner.

However, it does sound like a factory reset might be needed. If you still experience issues afterward, try downgrading to v7.2.7 and wait for v7.4, as some minor WiFi issues will be fixed in that release.

Best regards,
DaumantasG