FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
495 views 3 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I'm new to the forum having been using a single RUT240 reliably for about 3 years without any issues, happily updating firmware regularly as it becomes available, however I updated ours to firmware 7.02.7 before Christmas and now it will no longer upgrade or downgrade firmware.

I have tried to upgrade from 7.02.7 to both 7.03.01 and 7.03.02 via server and via file upload, and both directly from web UI and via RMS. In every case it appears to upload the file OK and start verifying then the device becomes unresponsive to login for several minutes but we DO NOT lose our internet connection, so presumably no update initiated. Eventually I can access device again (I assume the process times out) but firmware version is unchanged.

I have no idea how to proceed from here as I have run out of ideas. My next step would be a factory reset and reload firmware/configuration unless anyone can suggest an alternative. Unfortunately I am not a Linux user so can't delve deeper into the device beyond the standard UI. Any help would be welcomed please.

Product Code: RUT24006XXXX
HW Rev: 0010
Kernel Version: 5.4.147
Modem model: EC25
Modem FW EC25ECGAR06A04M1G

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Have you tried to perform firmware update via CLI/SSH, as instructed in this link?

Best regards,

by anonymous
Hi ZygimantasBiu,

Thanks for responding. I haven't tried that - I'm not an IT pro but should be able to follow this - may take me a while but I'll have a go and report back in due course.

Many thanks.
by anonymous

Hi ZygimantasBiu,

OK I managed to do this, tranferred the 7.03.02 image to /tmp, run sysupgrade and everything appeared to go as it should in a timely manner including the disconnection and reboot which didn't happen before, but when I log back into WebUI it STILL shows the same 7.02.7 version!

I see there is another option to upgrade using the bootloader - is it worthwhile my trying that, or is it likely to fail in the same way?

Thanks

by anonymous

OK very weird but I gave it one more try (third time lucky) and this time it worked - I'm now up to 7.03.2!

The only thing I did differently is that I manually changed the image name from the downloaded RUT2_R_00.07.03.2_WEBUI.bin to fw.img before copying to the device because I was fed up with typing the full name, and I had seen that when uploading an image file through WebUI it changes the name to firmware.img anyhow so assumed this was OK. I don't know if that's what made the difference but it worked!

I'll await the next firmware release and see if it now works updating normally through WebUI from the server.

Thanks for the help!

Hugh