FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
482 views 4 comments
by anonymous
following a problem on a rut240 after the firmware update. 03.02

Thw wifi, everytime you off and on  the router, is stopped at the restart, even if the configuration remains the same and wifi switched on.

The only way to restart the wifi is to go inside the route with cable or rms and click on save e apply inside wireless config. At this point the router wifi become running and you can reach the router via wifi.

Attached the screenshots.

For us is a big problem since the customer has no access to wired lan or rms. They reach via wifi the router.

Please let me know if there is a solution.

Best Regards

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous

Hello,

This is a known issue.

RnD is working on a solution at the moment, but it is planned to be included only in 7.4 firmware release.  

Otherwise, It is possible and I suggest to revert to a working firmware version for a while, if that does not create any inconveniences to you.

Alternatively, could you login to the device via SSH and test if any of the commands below restarts WiFi interface to a working state:

• /etc/init.d/network restart
  • reload_config
  • /sbin/wifi reload

If any of them works, it could be included in the startup script in System -> Custom scripts section, to automate the restarts.

Best regards,

by anonymous

/etc/init.d/network restart

That worked for me so far...hoping for a quick firmware update to resolve those issues.

Best regards

by anonymous
We still got problems...are the devs working on a solution?

Before, at least the WiFi and Hotspot monitoring showed missing client connections...now with 07.07.3 it shows connections, but often they don't work...
by anonymous

Please update to the latest 7.03.3. It was specifically released to mitigste the WiFi issues.

Best regards,

by anonymous
I did, but still about 8 RUT240 still have the problem of clients loosing connection.
And the WiFi monitoring doesn't show the lost connection anymore since 07.03.3...it continues to state 1 connection.
Best regards