FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
519 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Hello everyone, I'm a rutx12 user. I also use a vodafone sim card on my router and my internet plan is unlimited. But again, I am subject to 15gb hotspot limit by vodafone. So if I use the sim card on my phone, I can use my internet unlimitedly, but if I want to use rutx12, it is deducted from my 15 gb limit. Is it possible to prevent this from the router settings? I discovered that there is such a feature in Mikrotik routers, I hope teltonika offers us this feature.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out!

This depends on the carrier's technology for limiting the mobile connection. Mikrotik's function for throttling prevention is also available on our routers. It works by increasing the TTL value of the outgoing packets. The guide on how to achieve this can be found here.

Some carriers may also use a special APN for tethering, so make sure you're using the same APN as on your phone (internet from what I found online).

If that does not work, your operator may simply be using your IMEI to determine your device type. In this case, there isn't much that can be done.

Let me know if the TTL value increase helped!

Best regards,
DaumantasG