FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
194 views 5 comments
by anonymous
I'm having an issue with one of our Rutx09 routers. I've tried to factory default the unit, and upgrade it to the latest version, but it just won't start snmpd somehow.

In the logs I see:

Mon Jan 16 18:30:10 2023 user.notice /etc/snmp/generate_MIBs.sh: Waiting for ioman to appear on ubus

Mon Jan 16 18:30:21 2023 user.notice /etc/snmp/generate_MIBs.sh: Waiting for ioman to appear on ubus

Mon Jan 16 18:30:31 2023 user.notice /etc/snmp/generate_MIBs.sh: Waiting for ioman to appear on ubus

Mon Jan 16 18:30:38 2023 kern.notice kernel: snmpd configuration has been changed

Mon Jan 16 18:30:40 2023 kern.notice kernel: snmpd configuration has been changed

Mon Jan 16 18:30:41 2023 user.notice /etc/snmp/generate_MIBs.sh: Waiting for ioman to appear on ubus

Mon Jan 16 18:30:52 2023 user.notice /etc/snmp/generate_MIBs.sh: Waiting for ioman to appear on ubus

Mon Jan 16 18:31:02 2023 user.notice /etc/snmp/generate_MIBs.sh: Waiting for ioman to appear on ubus

Mon Jan 16 18:31:10 2023 user.err : Check failed at libhttp/ssl.c:829 in sslSetCertificate(): !ERR_peek_error()

Mon Jan 16 18:31:10 2023 daemon.err uhttpd[4660]: Check failed at libhttp/ssl.c:829 in sslSetCertificate(): !ERR_peek_error()

Mon Jan 16 18:31:13 2023 user.notice /etc/snmp/generate_MIBs.sh: Waiting for ioman to appear on ubus

Mon Jan 16 18:31:23 2023 user.notice /etc/snmp/generate_MIBs.sh: Waiting for ioman to appear on ubus

Mon Jan 16 18:31:34 2023 user.notice /etc/snmp/generate_MIBs.sh: Waiting for ioman to appear on ubus

Mon Jan 16 18:31:44 2023 user.notice /etc/snmp/generate_MIBs.sh: Waiting for ioman to appear on ubus

Mon Jan 16 18:31:54 2023 user.notice /etc/snmp/generate_MIBs.sh: Waiting for ioman to appear on ubus

Mon Jan 16 18:32:05 2023 user.notice /etc/snmp/generate_MIBs.sh: Waiting for ioman to appear on ubus

Mon Jan 16 18:32:15 2023 user.notice /etc/snmp/generate_MIBs.sh: Waiting for ioman to appear on ubus

When I check /etc/config/snmpd all relevant settings are there, the daemon just won't start. I've tried enable/disable snmp, but still the same result. Beside messages above, I don't have any errors/clues where to look for. I don't know how to debug the service startup for snmpd.

All our routers have the same config, which have been made based on uci commands. When the default router comes online, I copy/paste the uci commands and that worked for the other 10 routers so far without issues.

Compared to other working routers, the snmpd.conf in /tmp/run is missing on this one. When I manually create that file, and restart the service, all works (until the next reboot).

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out!

I'd also recommend performing a firmware update procedure using the bootloader method.

If that does not help, I'd like you to replicate this issue, wait a few minutes and generate a troubleshoot file. This can be done by navigating to System → Administration → Troubleshoot and can be attached to the original post. It will only be visible to Teltonika moderators.

Could you also send me the UCI commands used for configuration via a private message (please redact the sensitive information)? I'll try to replicate your issue.

Best regards,
DaumantasG

Best answer
by anonymous
The bootloader firmware update fixed the issue, thanks!
by anonymous

Hello,

This issue could happen if there is a script running continuously. In this case, it seems like the generate_mibs.sh service is constantly crashing and preventing the router from finishing the boot sequence. Perhaps you have edited the start-up sequence of the services in the init.d folder? It was re-ordered in v7.3 and that could be causing some issues.

I understand the anxiousness to update the router, but if you ever have the chance to, I'd like you to generate a troubleshoot file before the update and if it goes south again, let me know.

It seems like some issues related to this will be fixed in v7.4 of RutOS, so that might be worth waiting for.

Best regards,
DaumantasG

by anonymous
Hi DaumantasG,

There have been no customizations in the OS . Every setting we have is set by an uci command. This is how we deploy our devices, all through the same template of uci commands.

Do you have an ETA (ballpark) for v7.4?

Regards,

Leon
by anonymous
The ballpark is towards the end of February, but if any issues arise this can be delayed.

Best regards,
DaumantasG
by anonymous
In that case, I'll wait for the v7.4 release. And will make a troubleshoot file before performing the update.