FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
234 views 1 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

we currently have a standard network with a Teletonika RUT360 modem (one physical port) that handles our main physical connection as well as a SIM failover one.

What we want to achieve is:

1- All network traffic access the internet using the main WAN interface

2- One specific device accesses the internet via the SIM interface

What I found is this one https://community.teltonika-networks.com/24221/dual-rutx12-routing-different-devices-internet-different , which is similar to our situation but having only one physical port on my device, the traffic has to go through that one.

Standard networking ( Network > Routing > Static/Advance routing) doesn't seem to let me accomplish what I want.

Additionally, I tried considering using the Interface based VLAN but without any success. I know that Q-in-Q VLAN works by adding an extra tag to an existing VLAN tag but we are not currently using any on our network. Hence, I was hoping to get it through with this but without much luck.

Are there some instructions I can follow to set up the above or anyone with the same issue?

Thanks in advance!

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

• One of the ways to achieve this is, as you have already attempted, by using advanced static routes.

The routing table configuration should look as follows:

The rule for a specific address should be as below. In my instance, the specific IP to be routed over mobile interface was 192.168.1.197:

• Another way to solve this could be using would be using rules in Network -> Failover page.

Enable failover for both WAN and MOB1S1A1 interfaces. 

Additionally, for each interface you can set Flush connections on option to Connected and Disconnected states.

Add a new instance under Rules section. 

In rule settings, first, add a new failover policy for mob1s1a1 interface only:

Attach this policy to rule configuration section with your device's IP set as Source address.

Save rule settings, then move the rule above the default one:

Save & apply.

Best regards,

by anonymous
Thank you very much for the detailed answer. I'll give it a go for sure! Thanks again.