FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
134 views 0 comments
by anonymous

Hi All,

I want to get VPN access to the devices on the LAN port of a RUT951 router. The firmware version is RUT9M_R_00.07.03.1.

I've followed the instructions in the "How to set up an RMS VPN hub" video. The hub is working, I can connect to OpenVPN, and I can reach the RUT951 itself, however no any LAN devices can be reached.

When I try to scan the LAN devices at the HUB details/Routes window, only one device appear (there are three devices). Despite of adding this device to the routes, it cannot be pinged, and it's web server is also unreachable. The LAN forwarding option of the router is switched ON. I've tried to add the routes manually, but there is no success. The VPN HUB was restarted several times, but it didn't help.

What can be a problem? Is there are any settings in the RMS or in the router itself what I should adjust?

Thank you in advance your help!

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

Are you able to ping your devices from RUT951?

Please, try the the following and see if it helps:

• LAN forwarding is enabled in RMS VPN -> VPN HUB -> Routes -> Clients window.
  • Ensure that the gateway is configured on your end devices (RUT951 IP). Connect to RUT951 via WebUI, navigate to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot -> Diagnostics, and ping your end devices that you are having issues with.
  • Make sure that the firewall is not blocking on your end devices. You can try to disable firewall for testing purposes.
  • Try adding routes manually in VPN Hub. Set Netmask of 255.255.255.255 when configuring routes to specific IP.
  • Try updating configuration and certificates in RMS VPN -> VPN HUB -> Clients -> Actions (2 arrows icon). Download the new ovpn file and try again.
  • Make sure end devices have RUT951 LAN IP set as their gateway address.
  • Remove the VPN Hub and add a new one.

If none of the steps above resolved your issue, please, download a troubleshoot file and attach it to this question. It would be great if you could send me a screenshot of your RMS VPN Hub configuration via private message. Troubleshoot file can be downloaded from System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot.

Kind Regards,

Andzej