FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
381 views 11 comments
by anonymous
We are using the Output (Pin4) to control a relay. While rebooting the RUTX11 the output goes to "on" for some seconds. This is activating the relay. How can I keep the output in the previous state or just "off" while rebooting? Thanks in advance

FWv: RUTX_R_00.07.02.1
by anonymous
Hi

I added the troubleshoot file...

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out!

I measured the output of Pin 4 with the multimeter and was not able to observe this behavior with RUTX_R_00.07.03.2. Could you please try to upgrade to the newest version and see if the behavior persists? 

If it does, how long does the output stay high? Do you have any custom script in place? 

To keep the state from before the reboot, option Maintain should be enabled in the Actions settings of I/O Juggler:

Let me know if this helps!

Best regards,
DaumantasG

by anonymous

Hi DaumantasG

I wanted to make sure that the Output is a "Output: digital open collector (OC)"

<!--[if gte vml 1]> <![endif]--><!--[if !vml]-->

I don’t know how you made the measurement. You won’t see any voltage at the output.

The Output is still switching after FW-update to RUTX_R_00.07.03.2.

I notice the relay is switching for about 8sec.

I added an action and have Maintain active. No scripts.

How should this change the rebooting? Maintain sais it’s maintaining the state before and after reboot but not while rebooting.

I check the Output with Multimeter “Peep”. Output (4) to Ground and it beeps while rebooting. Also tested with another RUTX11 which we have here at our company. Same.

Is this normal behaviour?

Can you change it?

Many thanks and best regards

by anonymous

Hello,

• I wanted to make sure that the Output is a "Output: digital open collector (OC)"
    • That's correct, more about pin mapping can be found here.
Could you attach a troubleshoot file so I can recreate a setup with your configuration? The file can be generated by navigating to System → Administration → Troubleshoot. It can be attached to the original post and will only be visible to Teltonika moderators.

Best regards,
DaumantasG 

by anonymous
Hello,

As we have another customer with the same issue, my colleague has forwarded this issue to the RnD team. Will update the query once there is a solution.

Best regards,
DaumantasG
by anonymous
Hi
Could you please tell me when we can expect a solution?

Thanks in advance
by anonymous
Hello,

RnD is still investigating the behavior.

Will inform you as soon as we have any news.

Best regards,
DaumantasG
by anonymous

Hello,

Developers seem to have addressed the issue and provided a TEST firmware. Please keep in mind, that this build may not be stable, and should only be used to test this bug fix in particular. It should not be used on devices where reliability is needed.

The firmware can be downloaded here: https://kaunas.teltonika.lt:444/f/d5d44d7a977942819e14/

The fix should be merged to v7.4 of RutOS, coming out in a few weeks.

Feedback regarding this firmware would be appreciated.

Best regards,

DaumantasG

by anonymous
Hi

The TEST firmware seems to work. The Output isn't switching anymore while starting up.

Thanks. When will the firware be officially released?

Have a nice day
by anonymous
Hello,

The fixes will be included with the 7.4 release of RutOS, which should come out this month.

Best regards,

DaumantasG
by anonymous

Dear Sirs,

i've the same problem.

Once switched on the output, in the rut RUT2M_R_00.07.03.4 , it is not possible to switch it off.

IF I MANUALLY SWITCH OFF, WHEN REBOOT IT IS ONE MORE TIME SWITCHED ON.

What i can do?

Thanks

alessandro

by anonymous
Hello,

Please send a troubleshoot file to me via a private message. It can be generated by navigating to System → Administration → Troubleshoot.

You can send me a private message by following this link: https://community.teltonika-networks.com/user/DaumantasG

Best regards,
DaumantasG