FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
224 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

I have been looking for a solution for my problem, but I couldn't find any.

Here is my setup:
- The RUT241 is configured to have its WAN port as a second LAN port.
- The RUT241 can be accessed from 4G using a private IPN with a fix IP address (in NAT mode).
. The RUT241 IP address has been set to 192.168.250.11
- The RUT241 has its DHCP disabled because there are two fixed IP devices attached to the LAN and the WAN (now second LAN port).
- The two devices (namely a PLC and a HMI) have their respective IP-s: 192.168.250.2 and 192.168.250.1
- The two devices communicate with each other on port 9600.

The devices (the PLC and HMI) are "happily" communicating with each other (through the RUT241 acting as a switch), but I am not able to access the PLC-s ports on port 9600 from the 4g network using SSH.

I also tried a similar configuration in my home network: I "daisy chained" a local network printer that has a static IP address with the RUT241, I can still access the network printer (so the RUT241 is working just like a switch or HUB), but I am not able to access it from 4G not even with a simple curl command.

I know I am missing something obvious here, but I can't find out what is wrong. Any help is appreciated.

UPDATE:
In my home network example, I changed the mask settings of the RUT241 from 255.255.255.0 to 255.255.0.0, and now I am able to ping the static IP network printer from my 4G originated SSH command line. So now ping works, but curl still doesn't. I am still hoping that someone can help me. (curl neither works within the local network).
by anonymous
I have the same problem. I want to do port forwarding, but since the devices don't have DHCP-assigned IP addresses, I cannot set up the port forwarding.

How can I get the RUT 955 in my case to detect all network participants and display them so that I can set up manual port forwarding?

Regards

Alex

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out!

As for your original issue, there are a few things that may be causing it:

• If you have full control over the private APN, then the WAN zone can be set to accept the traffic from the WAN. Otherwise, a Port forward rule might need to be created to allow the devices in LAN to be reached. This can be done by navigating to Network → Firewall → Port Forwards.
  • Are you sure the devices use port 9600 for SSH communication? The default SSH port is 22, could you try to connect to the devices using this port?
As for the printer setup, could you clarify what you mean by saying "daisy chained a local network printer"? Also, if setting the netmask to /16 helped, perhaps the printer is in a different subnet? And are you able to ping it from the mobile connection or the LAN of RUT241?

Awaiting your response.

Best regards,
DaumantasG
by anonymous
Thanks for your answer and sorry for the late reply.

You are right, I have made a mistake on my original question: the HMI and the PLC on the LAN are communicating through UDP, not SSH.

I will be able to try your suggestions today or tomorrow, and I will come back if Ihave a problem. The "printer setup" is not really important if the PLC / HMI connection will work.