FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
548 views 6 comments
by anonymous

Dear,

I have a RUT360 with LAN IP 192.168.120.120/255.255.0.0 online and configured to work with RMS.

I have a PLC (Yaskawa Vipa, based on S7 Siemens protocol) which has LAN IP 192.168.120.54/255.255.0.0 and default gateway set to the LAN IP from the RUT360. When I ping the PLC from the RUT360's CLI ping interface in the webui, I'm able to ping the PLC perfectly fine.

I created a VPN Hub in RMS like in the advised video and the following video with the correct route, LAN forwarding on and both my RUT360 and PC are in the sessions screen when I connect with the OpenVPN Connect software.

I'm able to ping the PLC from my PC when the OpenVPN connection is open.

But I don't see the TAP-Windows Adapter V9 (that OpenVPN Connect installed) in my PLC software, while it is in the list from network adapters in Windows.

When using the normal ethernet adapter from my PC which is not used it obviously does not find the PLC.

So I don't think I'm able to connect to the PLC without selecting the right adapter? Or don't I need to use it?

Are there any other settings that I need that they don't show in the video's? Other routes? Open some ports? ... ?

Siemens PLC's are supported to work with the RUT2xx or RUT3xx series right?

Please help me in setting up a succesfull VPN to my PLC.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Dries

by anonymous

Hello, 

I have tried a similar setup but with S71200 PLC and it works.

Did you check in the TAP-Windows Adapter V9 properties if the Siemens/Profinet protocols are enabled?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Could you please clarify the issue?

You have mentioned that you can ping your PLC from PC over OpenVPN. Are there other connection related issues?

In regards to TAP-Windows Adapter V9, it is a virtual network interface, a piece of driver software, used by various VPN clients on Windows for VPN related functions and communication.

Other than details provided in the vide there should not be additional settings you need to configure.

Best regards,
by anonymous

Hello,

I am indeed able to ping my PLC from my PC while the VPN connection (via the OpenVPN connect software) is on.

But I cannot find or reach the PLC with my PLC programming software.

When I connect the PLC directly to my PC, I select my Ethernet adapter from my PC in the PLC software and the PLC is found.

When the PLC is connected to the RUT360 and I want to do the same, I have to select the VPN adapter that the OpenVPN connect software installed, right? Called TAP-Windows Adapter V9? Right? I cannot select this one in my PLC programming software.

The PLC does not have its own drivers or the like.

Can you confirm that this Teltonika RUT360 can work together with Siemens PLCs?

Is there a list of which brands or types of PLCs are supported? Or which protocols are supported? S7? Profinet? ...?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

by anonymous
There is no list of supported vendors or devices. RMS operates on standard networking protocol stack.

Now your PLC and its software are unaware of any VPN activity going on. The interface should be your PC's LAN interface, the same connected to your home router to reach the internet.
by anonymous

Hello,

Can you confirm that the Teltonika RUT360 can work together with Siemens PLCs for remote access?

If my PC is connected to the internet via WiFi, do I need to use my standard Ethernet LAN adapter to connect to the the VPN?

In this question it was advised to use the TAP adapter...

by anonymous
The fact that you can ping your PLC is an indication that the service is working.

Honestly, I am not quite familiar with setting up PLCs themselves. But have you tried using your standard LAN adapter?
by anonymous
Dear,

Using the standard LAN adapter doesn't work.

In Siemens TIA Portal the adapter works but in Yaskawa Speed 7 Studio not.

Can you ask to someone that is familiar with setting up PLC's if Speed 7 Studio is supported or not?

Thanks in advance.