FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
396 views 0 comments
by anonymous

I am currently testing a TRB245 unit for in-field deployment. I have found that the mobile data usage on this unit is extremely high, even when I am not running any scripts. For example by just leaving the device stationary and enabling the SIM card connection I have used about 800MB under half a day. I can see that the majority of the data is received and not transmitted, but I don't know where to see what it was used for? I have tried "iftop" commands but this only shows that most of the bandwidth is taken up by "Teltonika-TRB245.com". What this is and what it used for I am unsure? Where can I view my detailed mobile usage logs so that I can disable whatever is causing this high mobile data usage?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

For a very basic view of currently active connections, WebUI has a Status -> Realtime Data -> Connections monitoring window.

A more detailed connections and traffic data can be obtained by installing Darkstat package. You can install it with the following commands:

• opkg update
  • opkg install darkstat
  • /etc/init.d/darkstat enable
  • /etc/init.d/darkstat start

Then open your browser and enter routers IP with added 667 port. For example:

• 192.168.1.1:667

Host section can provide quite detailed statistics on each IP address monitored by the application.

Alternatively, you can install TCPdump from Services -> Package manager and enable monitoring for mobile wwan0 (mob1s1a1_4) interface and download the file later from the same page.

Data here should provide sources of data consumption.

Best regards,