FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
171 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Hello I have a RUT 240 in use (camper) with which I am very dissatisfied. He is very slow in data traffic as well as in configuration. When I connect to a wifi and want to use the function to overwrite the Mac address so this is simply ignored.

So I bought a new router, a Rut360.

It works but the traffic is also very slow. Both over 4G and over Wlan and also over WAN I do not get beyond 25Mbit/s. My WAN Internet is a cable line with 400/50 Mbits which the speed test of Vodafone also shows.

Can you help?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Could you provide details about the storing conditions of the device? For example, is it not enclosed or covered by any metallic surfaces, which could attenuate or reflect radio signals? 

Could you try to login to the router's WebUI, navigate to Network -> Firewall -> General settings, enable Software flow offloading and check if that has any impact on data speeds?

As for WiFi MAC override, there is indeed an issue with changing WiFi WAN interface's MAC, as the address is saved in the wrong configuration file, however, you can try changing the address via CLI/SSH. The commands should look similar:

• uci set wireless.@wifi-iface[1].macaddr='<MAC_address>'
  • uci commit
  • reload_config

Replace <MAC_address> with address of your needs.

Alternatively, you can edit the configuration file with a text editor, for example:

• vi /etc/config/wireless

and add the following option under client's interface settings by pressing i letter to start editing:

• option macaddr '<MAC_address>'

Exit editing by pressing ESC, enter :wq and press Enter, then in the terminal execute reload_config command.

Also, I would like you to attach a troubleshoot file to your question. Please, replicate your device configuration used for your testing, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. The logs in the file might provide more insight into the issue.

Best regards,