FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
196 views 6 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

Just got fiber installed -FTTP- and would love to use it with my Teltonika RUTX12. Please tell me this is possible.

How do I configure the router to use the fibre connection?

Thanks!!

Pete

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

It should be possible. Do you a fiber ethernet media converter?

Did your provider gave you any additional details, login credentials, VLAN ID?

You would need to login to the router, navigate to Network -> Interfaces -> General section. There edit WAN interface settings (Press pencil icon next to it). Then set Protocol option value to PPPoE and fill other details based on connection requirements.

Best regards,

by anonymous
Hi, thanks.

Yes, the provider installed an ONT, which converts fiber to ethernet.

I did as you said : WAN > PPoE > User&Pass

The thing is, after hitting save and apply, the router no longer shows the username as stored. So it never establishes connection.

I have tried this on an asus ac88u and did connect successfully.

Could it be that the RUTX12 is not fiber compatible?
by anonymous

Such an issue existed with earlier firmware versions, thus I assume you have an older version installed.

Could you download this file and upload it to the router from System -> Firmware page wit Keep settings option set to off.

Be aware that his will reset your device to factory defaults after update and you will have to reconfigure it.

See if the issue persists afterwards.

Best regards,

by anonymous

Hi, thanks. 

I'm on RUTX_R_00.07.01. Not good enough?

Bit skeptical about upgrading without keeping settings, as there is quite a bit of config work there. Of course downloading a config file is no good as it is over 2mb and it won't upload. Never understood this, but whatever. 

If I do keep settings off, would that also wipe out user defaults? Which I can restore to?

Or what if I try with keeping settings on?

Thanks.

by anonymous

The other suggestion involves CLI/SSH manipulation and was already provided here. Please try it, if you want to continue using current firmware.

Otherwise, the device will be completely wiped after update with Keep settings set to off.

Updating with Keep settings set to on might result in your other configurations not working correctly.

The difference between firmware versions is quite significant, migration and configuration compatibility issues are likely to arise, but update should solve your PPPoE issue, as the issue was supposed to be solved with 7.2 firmware release.

You could make a backup of your current config, and only move files saved in backup's /etc/config directory to the same directory within the router after update. 

There were also issues with backups size increasing after each time the backup is generated, so there is a likelihood that latest generated backup contains other backups within itself, which could be deleted to reduce it's size.

Also, a gradual update with Keep settings can be attempted in the following sequence: 

7.01 -> 7.01.2 -> 7.01.4 -> 7.2.

Best regards,

by anonymous
Ok, well, I did do wipe out of router.

I installed the latest firmware without keeping settings. Clean flush.

Good news and bad news.

Good news: it solved pppoe problem : I can now use fiber with the RUTX12.

Bad news :: the speed I get is nowhere near that of the ISP provider's router (900+).

Can you help to configure settings to reach full speed? Perhaps MTU/MRU but I'm sure there's more to it.

Thanks for your help !!
by anonymous

Hello,

Try the following: login to router's WebUI, navigate to Network -> Firewall -> Routing/NAT offloading and enable Software flow offloading

See if that improves your device's performance.

Best regards,