FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
289 views 2 comments
by anonymous

Hello!

RUT9_R_00.07.03.3

Have not been able to get a connection from the start and uppdated firmware, had to resort to use other rut955 from other site to proceed.

When trying manual connection mode and scan I get error promt.

Tried several sims and latest the one from my phone that I know works but still no connection trough rut955, need help.

Attached troubleshoot file.

Regards 

Bertil Williams

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Your device is continuously switching between different APN values. Auto setting does not seem to work. Could you login to router's WebUI, navigate to Network -> Interfaces, edit mobile interface [mob1s1a1] settings by pressing pencil icon and disable Auto APN slider button. 

New options will appear. Select APN as --Custom-- and enter Custom APN based on your provider.

See if that helps.

Best regards,

by anonymous
Hello and thanks for the answer!

I tried the settings suggested with the same result after restart, so still no connection. (troubleshoot-Teltonika-RUT955.com-2023-01-27)

Tried to do the same thing with sim slot 2, but no connection there either. (troubleshoot-Teltonika-RUT955.com-2023-01-27 sim 2)

Appreciate more suggestions!

Regards

Bertil Williams
by anonymous

The modem does not even look to register to the operator. 

I've also noticed errors like below in the logs displayed.

Unable to initialize `1-1.4 [2c7c:0125]` modem
Failed to set PIN code. Attempts left: 2

If PIN is entered correctly, the issue might indicate failing modem module hardware. 

A modem module firmware update can be attempted, however, if you have confirmed that SIM works with other devices and other SIMs fail to connect as well within the device in question, if the other RUT955 is able to establish data connection without issues, I would suggest to take this device to your reseller for warranty repair or a replacement.  

Best regards,