FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
113 views 4 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

My RUT240 router worked perfectly fine roaming while in Canada. Now, after I moved to Iran, I do not see any available mobile operator.

- The deny roaming checkbox is off

- I also manually searched for operators and nothing was found

- I upgraded the firmware to the latest released on 23 Jan 2023

- I also tried a local Iranian SIM card but still did not see any available operator.

The SIM card roams well on a phone but no network is shown on RUT240. Could you please help?

Thanks.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Could you login to the router's WebUI, navigate to Status -> System -> Device section and post the product code of your device? 

Best regards,

by anonymous
The product code is RUT2400AXXXX
by anonymous
Your device has a modem module, certified to operate with American service providers (Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile), meaning that modem simply does not support frequency bands, used by Iranian providers. Unfortunately, your device will not work in that region.

Best regards,
by anonymous
Is there any way to change the firmware or the device so that it supports Iranian carriers?
by anonymous
The limitation comes from the hardware side. Firmware update will not solve it.

Best regards,