FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
198 views 1 comments
by anonymous

Hello, RUT240 user here.

Since RUT2_R_00.07.03 (I think) I've been unable to create new GRE tunnels using custom interfaces (in this case, a wireguard interface)

Note that past created tunnels (prior firmware update) work, there's no error while editing the configuration and the tunnel is correctly established over wireguard:

But if I try to create a new tunnel instance using the same tunnel source in the custom field, I can't even save changes:

I've tried to use the IP source directly from the wireguard IP range, but it does not seem to recognize it at the wireguard interface, so the tunnel does not setup.

Thank you.

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous

Hello,

Seems like a WebUI validation issue, though I will consult the development team about this.

In the meantime, could you try the following:

Save your configuration with any IP address entered as Tunnel source, complete your configuration and save it.

Then login to the router via SSH and execute the following command:

• vi /etc/config/network

It will open configuration file with a text editor. Find your configured GRE interface by its name and press i letter to start editing.

Remove the following line:

• option ipaddr '<some_ip_address>'

Add this line:

• option tunlink '<Wireg>'

Replace <Wireg> with your interface accordingly.

Press Esc to stop editing, enter :wq and press Enter to save changes and finish editing.

See if that helps.

Best regards,

Best answer
by anonymous
Thank you, it's working with this workaround.