FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
415 views 3 comments
by anonymous

Hello,

1) i tried to update the modem of my RUT240 (Product code: RUT2400DXXXX, Batch: 0108, FW: OpenWrt 21.02.0, HW: 0010) with FW-Version "RUT2_R_00.07.03.3". I used the instructions from a member here:

Access your device via SSH and execute the following commands:
opkg update
opkg install modem_updater
opkg install sshfs
modem_updater -g

but i got some errrors thus i did a reset to factoty defaults. After finishing the setup wizard i opened "System -> Cli", logged in as *root' and did "opgk update". Afterwards i installed the "Modem Updater" and "SSHFS" via "Service -> Package Manager". Now i tried again to update the modem (see attached screenshot because it is not possible to copy the text out of the CLI window) but i got an error message.
What can i do because i don*t think that my ISP provider is blocking ssh. [ Under "Access Control" i enabled SSH and CLI for local and remote] - Is there a FAQ/wiki item how to update the modem for RUT240 (for all modem types)?

2) Also i have a problem with "Status -> Services" - after factory reset it works but if i click now on "Services" i always get an error message "Failed to load service status!" and below "Service" i only see "This section contains no values yet"

3) I can paste text from outside the CLI window to it but it is not possible to copy text from within the CLI window to something outside of it (i.e. notepad etc.) [i use Chrome v109]

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

1.Could you share the reason for modem update? What issues are you experiencing. Could you replicate them and share a troubleshoot file? To generate the file, access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. Modem update is usually the last recommended option after reviewing the file.

2. I was not able to replicate this issue. Does it always show the error message, or the message disappears after factory reset?

3. With Chrome version 109.0.5414.75 I was able to do both, copy into and out of the CLI box. What operating system are you using? Have you tried to access device over some SSH client (for example PuTTy), or SSH access over terminal and copy from there?

Best regards,

by anonymous

1) I thought that if there are newer modem firmware versions, then one should install the latest version, because usually the latest firmware fixes previously encountered problems and improves stability. And because there is no information (version history) from Teltonika about the available modem firmware versions (at least I didn't find any information about it or it must be well hidden), you don't know whether you need or should install a new version. (Couldn't you publish a version history of the modem firmware versions for Quectel, QuectelASK or Meiglink modems?)

2) I found out what's the reason for the problem - after i installed the 'NTPD' package from 'WebUI->Service->Package Manager' the 'Status->Services" page gives me this short popup error message and the page ist empty. Maybe some bug?

3) I also found the problem with that issue - i think you tried copy&paste with the keyboard (CTRL+C/V) whereas i used the right-click menu. If you use keyboard copy & paste works as expected but if you use the right-click menu shown in the 'System->CLI' the 'Paste from Browser' works (with a small detour via a browser popup, in which you then have to paste the copied text again before it is transferred to the CLI window). But if you mark a text in the CLI window and click on "Copy" at the right-click menu in CLI and then use e.g. CTRL-V or 'right-click menu -> Insert' in Windows notepad, then nothing happens (nothing is inserted)

by anonymous
Hello,

1) Modem firmware is developed by Quectel/Meiglink, depending on the module used within the device, not by Teltonika. For one, many modem firmware related details are not disclosed publicly. Most relevant changes are implemented in router's firmware and that is what you should always keep up to date. Modem firmware update is suggested under Teltonika engineer's supervision. Otherwise, it should be left as is.

2) Have replicated the issue. Thank you for pointing this out. It will be forwarded to the developers.

3) Also replicated. Will consult, whether this is intended or not. Are keyboard shortcuts not convenient for you?

Best regards,
by anonymous

Hallo again,

thank you for the explanation - so i wil left the modem firmware as is and do not upgrade to another version.

3) As a Windows user, I almost always use the right-click menu out of habit, but now that I know that copy & paste works with the keyboard, I can use that.