FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
130 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hello!

using RUT230 as SMS-Gateway. Sending SMS by php cURL like:

http://[xxxxxx]/cgi-bin/sms_send?username=[xxxxx]S&password=[xxxxx]number=[xxxxx]&text=Hallo%20lieber%20Kunde!%20Wir%20möchten%20Sie%20an%20Ihren%20Termin%20bei%20uns%20erinnern.

This results allways in sending 3 SMS! (see attached screenshot).

Receiving response of HTTP/GET ("OK") about 1 second after the 3rd SMS in event log. Our mobile provider registers always sending of 3 SMS and billing us 3 SMS; however, recipient of SMS receives 1 SMS, only.

This matter even occurs, if I put the string inside a browsers URL without using any script.

Please let me know how to solve this. Thanks!

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Could you please update your device to the latest firmware, which you can download here, and see, if the issue continues. When updating, please set Keep settings option to off. Be aware, that you will lose your current configuration.  

If you have important configurations, and update does not solve anything, please make a backup before the update. That way you will be able to revert.

Also, if the issue continues to be present after device update, I would like you to attach a troubleshoot file to your question from the updated version device. Please, replicate the issue by sending a couple of SMS, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. The logs in the file might provide more insight into the issue.

Best regards,

by anonymous

Hello,

thanks for your comment. I have installed the latest firmware, already. No change in behaviour.

I figured out the problem: Once the text-section of the URL contains the german letter "ö" or its encoded version "%C3%96" / "%C3%B6 " the gateway sends SMS twice.  If you have multiple special letters inside the URL the SMS Gateway sends even three times of more often.

I just could change this behavour by NOT using this letters, only..

Hope that a future firmware release will fix this problem.

by anonymous

Hello,

For one, I was unable to replicate the issue, thus a troubleshoot file with the issue replicated might provide additional insight.

RUT230 is an End of Life device and has reached the end of support in December, thus if the issue is present on this one device only, future firmware releases are unlikely to include a solution.

Do you have other devices or is the issue specific to this one device only?

Best regards,