FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
686 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hello.

Is there a way to find out if TRB500 supports the Telia LT 5G 700 GHz network? I contacted Telia and they replied their bands for 5G NSA are N67(700Ghz) and N78(3500Ghz). TRB500 supports N78 but not N67. But then Telia's official 5G router ZTE MC888 only supports N78 as well. So confusing!

Additionally, if I were to use TRB500 on the 700 GHz network which external antennas would you recommend to boost the signal most?

Thank you!

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Telia LT uses bands 28 (700MHz - low band) and 78 (3500MHz - mid-band). Both of these bands are supported by the TRB500 and were tested on the Telia LT network.

Please keep in mind, that since Telia LT uses a 5G NSA network, the service mode on the device must be set to either Auto or 4G + 5G, since setting the device to 5G-only will not work.

Another thing to keep in mind is that in order to achieve the best 5G speeds, band 78 should be used, as band 28 is used for better coverage.

This map can be used to check if your area has 5G coverage. "5G platus" refers to band 28, while "5G greitas" refers to band 78.

As for the antennas, if coverage in your area is good, the included antennas will be just fine, however, if the coverage is spotty, we recommend checking out our partner Poynting. We also have a Wiki article regarding third-party antennas.

Hope this clears it up!

Best regards,
DaumantasG

Best answer
by anonymous
It does help a lot, thank you! I will buy the TRB500 to try it out.

The signal in my area barely exists. I intend to get external antennas, 2 or perhaps even 4. Are there any most recommended antennas?

Thank you!
by anonymous
If the TRB500 will be stationary, then I'd recommend using a directional antenna, since it will provide a better signal. More information can be found in the article linked in my original comment.

Best regards,
DaumantasG