FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
3,306 views 10 comments
by anonymous
All,

I am using SSTP VPN client on a RUT240 to a Mikrotik SSTP server.

It seems that the SSTP client overloads the CPU quite quickly, so I have poor performances (3Mbps instead of 11Mbps over 4G).

Anyone else noticed this issue ?

Any fix ?

Thank you

David Ponzone

CTO IPeva
by anonymous
All,

Experienced similar situation when we have either SSTP or IPSec configured with RUT240, using Mikrotik CCR1036-12G-4S-EM as the VPN Server. We are observing very degraded performance when Tunnel is configured. Without Tunnel, we are seeing throughput in the range of 15 to 21Mbps, but when either SSTP or IPSec tunnel is configured, throughput is drastically reducing to 2-3Mbps with the client connected to same CellID (LTE Network) and with signal remaining in same range. Not sure, what issue, but looking at earlier discussions on this topic, what is concluded? Is it the latest firmware on RUT240 is the cause? If yes, is there any fix available?

Thanks You

Mallikarjun Biradar

3 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Could you create test client account and provide it for test (in private message)? The I could check with our equipment.
by anonymous
Actually, I just discovered that issue could be with the 4G link.

I have 11Mbps MAX over 4G, while I was having 35Mbps some weeks ago.

( With a Galaxy at the same location: 95Mbps. I know that RUT240 is only Cat4, but even Cat4 should achieve at least 30/40Mbps)

I started to think it was the reception that was not good (it is actually not great) but then I tested on others RUT240 (different geographical locations):

14Mbps MAX, always, even when the signal is -51dBm and RSRP is -73dBm.

That's quite strange, and I found at least another thread discussing this (https://community.teltonika-networks.com/1365/rut240-4g-connection-speed-is-low).

I wonder if there could be a bug in the latest RUT240 firmware.

David
by anonymous
Perhaps you have another device with LTE Cat4? Then you could compare speeds, perhaps provider made changes in network.
by anonymous
As I said, I don't really need to do this.

I am seeing a limit at 11-12Mbps on ALL my RUT240s, even those with a very good signal.

They all run latest firmware.

My RUT950s doesn't seem to suffer the same issue when the signal is good.

PS: the mobile operator says the network is ok but anyone who raised at least once an issue to a mobile operator knows how they deal with Quality of Service issues: they don't :)

Can anyone show me a download speedtest with a RUT240 over 11Mbps ?

David
by anonymous

Please check:

by anonymous
Your screenshot is not really readable, can you repost please ?

Thank you
0 votes
by anonymous
Ok

Your signal seems quite better than mine, so you get reasonable performances.

I was able to do more testing today.

RUT240: 12Mbps max in both direction

Huawei E3372 (Cat 4 also) at the same place: 30/10Mbps

So the RUT240 is far worse than a basic E3372 (40€) with the same signal.

According to your tests, the RUT240 starts to give acceptable performances when the signal is near perfect. It seems when the signal starts to deteriorate, the performances collapse.

I was not expecting that, as the RUT950 was not behaving like that.

I will look for another product, I don't have anymore time to waste on that.
by anonymous
Hi,

Thank you for your notes.

When you tested RUT240 and Huawei, did you used the same SIM card with the same APN?

Does Huawei and RUT240 was connected to the same base station (cell ID) when you was testing?

In which country you are testing and which GSM provider SIM card you are using?

If you can reproduce such working scenario always, perhaps we could organise remote session where you could show this behavior?
by anonymous
Same SIM card, same APN.

Same base station: I guess so, as there is only one in close range (less then 2km).

France, Orange.

That would be difficult, this customer is pissed off so we will put a low-end TP-Link 4G router.
by anonymous

That would be difficult, this customer is pissed off so we will put a low-end TP-Link 4G router.

As I understand issue persist in all country? So perhaps when routers arrives to you, and then you could provide remote access? 

I tried to reproduce your issue but speed seems similar to other devices, this is why I'm asking for remote session where we could identify your issue and compare it with another your device Huawei or TP link, after this we could help for you.

0 votes
by
I finalled stopped establishing the tunnel from the Teltonika.

I decided to use a Mikrotik router as CPE for that.

As for the low throughput, still no clue about that.

When we need better throughput, we now use a RUTX09. It seems to give decent performances.