FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
608 views 6 comments
by anonymous

Hello,

I am confused, my TRB500 shows the word "BETA" in the Modem-Firmware-Version string.
Can somebody tell me the actual Modem-Firmware-Version for TRB500 please?

Thanks in advance.
Phil

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Firmware version is found in router's WebUI Status -> System -> Internal modem section.

You can also connect via SSH/CLI and use the following command:

• gsmctl -y

Do you have any issues in regards to mobile connectivity?

Best regards,

by anonymous

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. You missunderstand me. I know the Version of my TRB500 Modem-FW. Here is it:

RG501QEUAAR12A05M4G_OCPU_BETA_20211020D_04.001.00.000

But I am confused, because of the word "BETA". Is this really the actual modem-FW?

Best regards

by anonymous
Hello,

Modem modules are provided by Quectel, they are not manufactured by Teltonika.

This is the firmware version they were shipped with at that time, so either this was the latest firmware at the time, or newer version was not provided, in order to update it during the manufacturing of the gateway.

Are you experiencing any mobile connectivity issues?

Best regards,
by anonymous

Hi, 

OK, thanks for the clarification. 

With FW7.2.8 - FW7.3.1 I had this problem:
download-speed-not-stable 
I think this problem is solved since FW7.3.2? 

With FW7.2.8 - FW7.3.I have this problem:
very-short-signal-drops-on-lte
I noticed the same issue on 5G-network. As the treadstarter says: "This is noticeable especially in gaming, but also when streaming a video. Sometimes its every 1-2 minutes and sometimes its doing fine for long periods of time."
I never experience this on my old RUTX12. 

Best regards
Phil

by anonymous
Modem firmware update is currently not possible, however, it should become available from 7.4 firmware.

Could you provide a requested troubleshoot file in your query with short signal drops and attach it by editing your question? Make sure the issue did occur before generating the file. Details in the logs may provide more insight into possible causes.

Best regards,
by anonymous
Hi ZygimantasBliu

Sorry for the late answer. I investigate a lot of time for tests on TRB500. Best practice for me is to use bridge-mode instead NAT-mode.
Bridge-mode: Stable connection (no short connection drops), download slow but stable at 200-250Mb/s
NAT-mode: Unstable connection (short connection drops), download fast but not stable 150-450Mb/s

One other strange thing I have noiced, is the behavior of band-selection. E.g. if service-mode "4G+5G" is selected and in 5G-band-selection you choose e.g. band 8, download is very slow (40-50Mb/s). But if 5G-band-selection is set to band 78 download reaches 200-250Mb/s in bridge-mode and 150-450Mb/s in NAT-mode, works only with band 78. I am in a NSA-environment (Band: 1,3,7,20), no SA, no band 78! In same time I noticed, that CA acts also in a really strange way, it is absolutley irrelevant witch band is selected in the 4G-band-selection, I can choose band 1+3+7+20 (CA) it ends in the same downloadspeed as if I set 4G-band-selection only band 20 (no CA).

As soon as I can, I will send you the troubleshoot file by editing my question as you request.

Is there possibility to manually download and install a actuall Modem-FW?

best regards,
Phil
by anonymous

Hi,

Since FW7.4 the TRB500 is more buggy and just unusable! This is a disgrace for teltonika, sorry!

Here the most common issues:
Connection-drops while Streaming, download slows down after a while, CPU at 100% most time while downloading, BETA Modem-FW still not updated or updateable, CA works not correctly, no 5G SA possible.

I buy an other 5G-Router from an other manufacturer and all the problems are gone.

regards