FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
268 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

I setup RUT240 to bridge LAN interface to LTE modem. When I plug my laptop to RUT240 LAN interface the laptop receive correct LTE provider IP 10.210.45.107 and bridge mode works fine. When I swap laptop for my EdgeRouter X it receives IP 192.168.1.X which is RUT240 LAN interface network. Any idea what can be wrong? My RUT240 is on RUT2_R_00.07.03.3 firmware and the configuration was done from scratch after the factory reset.

Thanks,

Ales

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Which firmware version your device has installed?

Did you try restarting your edgerouter after configuring RUT240 to operate in passthrough mode? device?

Is the port you connect to the edgerouter configured as DHCP client? 

For monitoring, could you login to the router via SSH and execute the command:

• logread -f

Then restart your edgerouter, wait for it to boot up and connect ethernet cable from the router to edgerouter's port. The logs should show DHCP exchange along with MAC addresses of the interfaces. It would allow to confirm if configured MAC address of Edge router participating in the exchange is correct.

For a deeper inspection you may download TCP dump from Services -> Package manager page and enable monitoring for br-lan interface in System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section. For a more tailored packet capture, I would suggest to enable packet capture on LAN interface specifically for DHCP protocol with the command:

• tcpdump -i br-lan port 67 or port 68 -w /tmp/capture.pcap

Then extract this file from the router using WinSCP and attach it by editing your question.

Could you also replicate your scenario and generate a troubleshoot file from RUT240? To do it, access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot page and download troubleshoot file from there. 

The logs in the file might provide additional insight into the issue. Attach the file by editing your question.

Best regards,