FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
397 views 3 comments
by anonymous
Hi, what logging tools are available for RUT956? I can't find logrotate, rsyslog or syslog-ng. I need to rotate and send custom log files like nginx access and error logs.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

The default logging command for RutOS is logread. To monitor the logs live, the command logread -f can be used.

However, in your case, it seems like our log-sending utility would work the best. It can be found by navigating to System → Administration → Troubleshoot. In the Logging Settings, the server, port, protocol, and log buffer can be set. These logs will be sent to the remote server as soon as they are generated.

logread -r <server> <port> can also be used to set up the log sending to the server.

Let me know if any more information is needed!

Best regards,
DaumantasG

by anonymous
I can't see how this helps with custom log files. I'm not interested in system log.
by anonymous

Hello,

Sorry, misunderstood the question.

The utilities you're looking for are available to download using the opkg package manager.

Simply run the command opkg update and opkg install rsyslog.

Best regards,
DaumantasG

by anonymous
Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize that opkg package information is not cached between reboots, or maybe I did something else wrong. Now I can install those tools after running opkg update again.