FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
261 views 8 comments
by anonymous
Hi all,

I believe there are a lot of issues with this release, my team has been impacted by it and it is not really good, I don't really mean to be offensive but I am wondering really how you test the sdk, there is every time a different issue and this is very frustrating. This time I needed to work around the missing cjson library, I had to copy the cjson makefile from the openwrt repo in the package folder, Could you make sure to update the sdk please? Also, I followed the official guide you provided and the dependencies are obsolete, it would be good to update it. In attachment the issue, I know also that other people in the forum experienced the same problem.

ENV:

Ubuntu 18.04

rutx09 modem

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Works for me. The cjson library comes from the feeds, did you execute ./scripts/feeds update -a before trying to perform the build ?

Regards,
by anonymous
yes and I also ran make config, more than one person is experimenting the same issue here
by anonymous
Which OS do you use to build the firmware ?
by anonymous
Ubuntu 18.04
by anonymous
Also no problem building 7.02.09, this one is giving an issue
by anonymous

From the README: Ubuntu 20.04 LTS is the recommended OS to build the SDK.

I've just re-extracted the SDK with tar xovzf Downloads/RUTX_R_GPL_00.07.03.3.tar.gz and updated the feeds. Result:

[xx@yy rutos-ipq40xx-rutx-gpl]$ find package/ -name cjson -print
package/feeds/packages/cjson
by anonymous
It would be good to start to provide the correct information on your home page then, it says 18.04 not the one you just mentioned. In attachment I added a file to prove what I said. I am trying a rebuild to see if the internal company firewall are preventing some donwloads.
by anonymous
So an update on this, our company is filtering https feeds repo which crushed the build and the linux server which should have solved the issue was down. The issue has been solved as 07.03.03 builds correctly, however a genuine feedback:

- Please, please update the sdk homepage documentation with the right dependencies and the right system version

- Wouldn't be easy for you to provide a docker image of the sdk files to avoid all the building issues and acrimonious comments?

- Could we also have access to legacy rutx toolchains? any reason why they get removed?

Thanks!
by anonymous

> - Please, please update the sdk homepage documentation with the right dependencies and the right system version

Yes. @teltonika, good point.

- Wouldn't be easy for you to provide a docker image of the sdk files to avoid all the building issues and acrimonious comments?

Idem.