FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
96 views 2 comments
by anonymous

Good morning everyone, my RUTX12 does not sum the data coming from the SIMs. I left the system on automatic, inserted the two SIMs from 2 different operators and did the speed test. Result=40mbps. I manually set the APNs, I tried toggle FAILOVER and LOADBALANCE on and off, I manually set the bands to B1-B3-B7-B38. I did the speed test one SIM at a time SIM1=40 MBPS SIM2=40 MBPS I reactivated the SIMs at the same time and redid the speed test: Result=40mbps. What else can i do?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Could you clarify, how and where did you evaluate that data is not being summed up?

In my testing with firmware RUTX_R_00.07.03.1, Status -> Mobile usage did return correct values for separate modems and numbers combined under ALL tab.  

Best regards,

by anonymous

I thought that if one sim works at 40mbps then, working at the same time, the speed test result should be close to 80mbps. Teltonika networks video on YouTube on the LOAD BALANCE function suggests this(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxudnOPN0AA).

Best regards

by anonymous
This is not necessarily the case, even if load balancing is configured to evenly distribute traffic between the SIM cards.

The thing to understand about load balancing is that it does not combine bandwidth available on both interfaces but rather, with an addition of a second SIM, it has additional resources to establish more connections. It means that a single connection will still use one mobile interface. For example, if you were downloading a large file from a single host, maximum download speed would not exceed what is available on the SIM the connection is made from, even if there is a second SIM and device operates in load balancing mode.

Another thing to take into account is the signal/connection quality. More traffic will be forwarded through the SIM, which has better signal characteristics and available bandwidth.

Best regards,