FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
260 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I have an issue with several RUTx09 devices that disconnects from RMS after roaming to another country.

The devices are mounted on a couple of fishing vessels and they are roaming between Sweden (Home network), Denmark and Norway.

After roaming the devices state "Unknown error" in the RMS tab in the modem, the solution is to reboot the modem, or just to change any setting the the RMS setting tab, and saving, to force an reconnect, it will not resolve by it self, it need intervention to reconnect to RMS.

The routers are running RUTX_R_00.07.03.3 and .4 firmware and are using different operators and different networks.

The error seems to happen more often when roaming to Norwegian networks then to the Danish networks, but it also works in both countries from time to time.

To rule out any DNS error I have changed the rms.teltonika-networks.com address in the modem to use the IP of the server instead, and this was working fine until the unit roamed again.

We are trying to use RMS to prove the coverage and function of the Teltonika modems, so that we can sell more of them, but it's hard when the loose connection and will not log the data to the RMS portal, when they are in the area we would need the log data for...

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues!

Could you describe the issue in more detail? Does the device lose internet connection completely, or does only the RMS service fail to reconnect?

Do you have a way to access the device other than RMS for troubleshooting purposes? If you do, I'd like you to generate a troubleshoot file after this issue occurs. This can be done by navigating to System → Administration → Troubleshoot and the file can be attached to your original post. It will only be visible to Teltonika moderators. "[...] or just to change any setting the the RMS setting tab" method could also be used. However, it is important not to reboot the device, as it will erase all of the logs that are kept in the RAM.

Are there any more anomalies regarding roaming, or is this the only issue?

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience caused!

Best regards,
DaumantasG

by anonymous
Hi,

The devices might loose connection for an hour or two I suspect before getting connection again, I have confirmed on two of the devices that the connection was up when RMS was down.

I don't have any connection to the device that is ofline at the moment, but I have a troubleshoot file from one vessel that had the issue until Sunday(12th) evening CET, when I changed from the domain to IP in the RMS settings, and has not been restarted since.

But you might need to go back a few days in the file as it was exported today.

Will ad to the original post.
by anonymous

Hello,

It's best to use the domain name (rms.teltonika-networks.com) instead of an IP address. If you believe this could be a DNS issue, the DNS servers could be changed on the WAN interface to 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8 to make sure this is not the issue.

This troubleshoot file only has one log entry showing that the RMS configuration was changed, so it would be better to get a troubleshoot file from a device that encountered this issue when switching from roaming to the home network.

One thing that might help, could be to send the SMS command rms_connect, which will force the device to re-connect to RMS.

I'll send you a private message regarding further troubleshooting steps.

Best regards,
DaumantasG